Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (27)
XLD, hereditary glomerulonephritis with nerve deafness, Type IV collagen.
Syndactyly • All other features of Crouzon's syndrome
• Bronchial fistulas/cysts • Malformed pinnae with preauricular pits or sinuses • Renal abnormalities Conductive or mixed hearing loss
asthma, fever, eosinophilia, ethmoidal polyps, vasculitis and granuloma.
Localized manifestations of PAN non syphilitic interstitial keratitis SNHL with vertigo
Crouzon's syndrome (craniofacial dysostosis)
• Frog eyes (exophthalmos with divergent squint) • Hypertelorism • Parrot-beak nose • Mandibular prognathism • Premature closure of cranial sutures with mental retardation Conductive or mixed hearing loss
Down's syndrome (Trisomy 21)
• Microcephaly • Mental retardation/ delayed development • Short stature • Epicanthal folds • Stenosis of ear canol • High incidence of serous otitis media • At lanta-axial instability
Goldenhar's syndrome (Facio -auriculo -vertebral dysplasia) or (oculo-auriculo-vertebral (OAV] syndrome)
• Facial asymmetry • Low set ears, atresia of ear conal • Cardiac abnormalities • Preauricular tags/ pits • Hemivertebrae in cervical region • Epibulbar dermoid • Coloboma of upper lid Mixed or Conductive
Jervell and Lange- Nielson's syndrome
• Repeated syncopal attacks • Prolonged QT interval in ECG SNHL
anosmia and congenital hypogonadism
bronchiectasis sinusitis, situs inversus and ciliary dyskinesis
Klippel Feil syndrome
• Short neck • Fused cervical vertebrae • Spino bifida • Atresia of ear conal SNHL or mixed
triad of facial paralysis, swelling of lips and fissured tongue
Chemical Pneumonia, also known as Mendelson syndrome, is due to the parenchymal inflammatory reaction caused by a large volume of gastric contents independent of infection. If the pH of the aspirated fluid is less than 2.5 and the volume of aspirate is greater than 0.3 mL/kg of body weight (20-25 mL in adults).
• Goitre (non-toxic) usually evident before puberty • Perchlorate discharge test shows defect in organic binding of iodine SNHL
Pierre -Robin sequence
• Micrognathia • Glossoptosis • Cleft palate • Often part of Stickler's syndrome SNHL Conductive loss
Prune-Belly syndrome or Eagle-Barrett syndrome
Deficiency of the abdominal muscle is associated with Prune-Belly syndrome or Eagle-Barrett syndrome.
Ramsay - Hunt syndrome (Herpes zoster oticus)
There is facial paralysis a long with vesicular rash in the external auditory canal and pinna. There may also be anaesthesia of face, giddiness and hearing impairment due to involvement of Vth and VIIlth nerves.
phytanic acid oxidase deficiency and phytanic acid storage disease Retinitis pigmentosa peripheral neuropathy cerebellar ataxia autosomal recessive SNHL 10yrs and above
Steart Trevo syndrome
• Small iaw • Cleft palate (Pierre-Robin sequence) • Myopia > retinal detachment • Cataract • Juvenile onset arthritis Conductive or SNHL
Treacher-Collins syndrome (mandibulofacial dysostosis)
• Antimongoloid palpebral fissures • Coloboma of lower lid • Hypoplasia of mandible and molar bones • Malformed pinna and meatal atresia • Malformed malleus and incus (stapes normal)(conductive hearing loss)
• Retinitis pigmentosa • Night-blindness SNHL
Van der Hoeve's syndrome
• Osteogenesis imperfecta with history of fractures • Blue sclera • Hearing loss (delayed onset)Conductive, SNHL or mixed (like otosclerosis
• White forelock • Heterochromia iridis • Vitiligo • Dystopia canthorum SNHL
• Klippel-Feil syndrome • SNHL • CN VI Paralysis
Ethmoidal polyps, sinopulmonary disease and azoospermia.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
ENT Syndromes and other random junk
ENT Ch. 12 Maxillofacial Trauma
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Medical Conditions - Keywords
Genoderm buzz words*
Genetic terms mixed
Surgical Recall - Surgical Syndromes
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
HLTH 349 Ch. 2
Chapters 9 and 11 Questions Psy Test 2
Human Geography Mid Term #2