5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a to ridicule, to laugh at with content
- b a strict disciplinarian; a stickler for the rules
- c to make sacred, hallow; to set apart for a special purpose
- d stingy, miserly
- e great confusion, disorder
5 Multiple choice questions
- dark, gloomy; depressed or melancholy in spirit
- to regard with horror or loathing; to hate deeply
- out of date, no longer in use
- (adj.) abundant; plentiful; wordy, verbose.
- (adj.,part.) unnaturally thin.
5 True/False questions
condolence → out of date, no longer in use
inkling → to bury, commit to the earth; to consign to oblivion
indemnity → strong dislike; bitter hostility
chastise → (v.) to inflict physical punishment as a means of correction; to scold severely.
apathy → a lack of felling, emotion, or interest