5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a eating away gradually, acidlike; bitterly sarcastic
- b to change in a formal way; to change for the better
- c filthy, wretched, debased
- d (adj.) abundant; plentiful; wordy, verbose.
- e fearful or anxious, especially about the future
5 Multiple choice questions
- a strict disciplinarian; a stickler for the rules
- to involve in; to connect with or be related to
- an injury done for injury
- (n.) bitter resentment or ill-will.
- (v.) to inflict physical punishment as a means of correction; to scold severely.
5 True/False questions
decrepit → to ridicule, to laugh at with content
obsolete → out of date, no longer in use
multifarious → having great variety ; numerous and diverse
poignant → (adj.) deeply affecting, touching; keen or sharp in taste or smell.
recalcitrant → stubbornly disobedient, resisting authority