5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 50 mg
- a Decreases absorption ; Calcium and Coffee/Tea. ?
- b what is the RDA of Calcium for 9-18 year olds?
- c what percentage of Calcium Carbonate is elemental calcium? Absorption is Acid-Dependent
- d Niacin Doses of ___ __s LEADS TO FLUSHING, HEADACHES, and ITCHING. therapeutic levels are 1-3 grams
- e Vitamin B12, Oral Supplementation is EQUIVALENT to IM (one monthly)
5 Multiple choice questions
- 20% elemental Iron
- The RDA of Vitamin c is __-__. with an upper limit of 2 GRAMS
- Phytonadione used for warfarin toxicity, reverses anticoagulant
- Preformed (dietary products/liver) Retinyl Palmitate and Retinyl Acetate
- the RDA of ? is 600 IU a day for those 9-70 years old. Upper limit is 4000 IU daily.
5 True/False questions
Ergocalciferol → Magnesium is often in combo with ? 2:1 ratio or 3:1 (3:1 never found to be superior)
Iron → Lycopene is in the ? form. FOUND IN FRESH FRUITS AND VEGGIES
Vitamin D → Dietary intake of ? does not decrease the risk of getting a cold. May reduce symptoms by 1-1.5 days. Possible dose dependent
RDA (recommended daily allowance) → Based on EAR and Clinical data, meets 97.5% of required by general population.
Trans → VITAMIN C AIDS IN ? ABSORPTION