5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- RDA (recommended daily allowance)
- Vitamin D
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
- Pantothenic Acid (B5)
- a Based on EAR and Clinical data, meets 97.5% of required by general population.
- b Decreases absorption ; Calcium and Coffee/Tea. ?
- c the RDA of ? is 600 IU a day for those 9-70 years old. Upper limit is 4000 IU daily.
- d Used for the prevention of neural tube defects, reduces the side effects of LOW DOSE MTX
- e Royal jelly contains large amounts of ? ? or vitamin (__)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Mg++ can cause ?. Often used for constipation and to prevent preclampsia in preggos.
- Is an Antioxidant and Carotenoid (red color)
- d-alpha tocopherol, is the natural isoform (0.67 IU)
- Used in the synthesis and metabolism of thyroid hormones. Content in diet depends on amount in the soil. US, JAPAN, CANADA, and NORWAY have good amounts. Dietary is SUPERIOR to supplements
- Women 51-70 year olds for Calcium
5 True/False questions
Cholecalciferol → Decreased absorption of Iron, ZINC, MAGNESIUM. Only Clinically significant in patients with deficiences
Zinc Gluconate → 14.3% elemental zinc g_______. Recommended for chronic use due to cadmium od
1300 → the RDA for Men 51-70 year olds for Calcium
1-3 grams → Studies found no effect of _ ____s of vitamin C on the alleviation of cold symptoms, but found it just increased side effects
Zinc → INtranasal gel may cause anosmia, appears to be dose related and may be permanent.