5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pantothenic Acid (B5)
- Sensory Neuropathy
- Ferrous Sulfate
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
- a 20% elemental Iron
- b Adverse effect of Vitamin B6 is ______ _______. A daily dose of more than 1000 mg or a cumulative dose of More than 1000g. MAY BE IRREVERSIBLE
- c Royal jelly contains large amounts of ? ? or vitamin (__)
- d what percentage of Calcium Carbonate is elemental calcium? Absorption is Acid-Dependent
- e Used for the prevention of neural tube defects, reduces the side effects of LOW DOSE MTX
5 Multiple choice questions
- Niacin Doses of ___ __s LEADS TO FLUSHING, HEADACHES, and ITCHING. therapeutic levels are 1-3 grams
- ________ Urinary excretion of Calcium, Caffeine is increased past 300 mg/DL. SODIUM 3000
- HIGHEST average daily dose likely to pose no adverse effects for the GENERAL population
- the RDA of ? is 600 IU a day for those 9-70 years old. Upper limit is 4000 IU daily.
- INtranasal gel may cause anosmia, appears to be dose related and may be permanent.
5 True/False questions
Lutein → Zeaxanthin, Carotenoid pigments, in the human macula and retina
Vitamin E → Avoid Vitamin ? if you are taking retinoid supplements and excessive ? ? can cause LIVER Damage
Fiber → Lycopene in the Heat Processsing of raw foods is in the ? form.
1000 → Women 51-70 year olds for Calcium
800 IU → Anticoagulants/antiplatelets agents increased risk of bleeding with ____ IU/day