5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- High Bioavailability
- Nicotinic Acid
- a Magnesium Chloride (Slo-mag) and Magnesium Lactate (mag-Tab SR)
- b Deficiency not uncommon in the US (Blacks, Olds, Women)
- c what is the RDA of Calcium for 9-18 year olds?
- d Lowers cholesterol, decreases Triglycerides and Increases HDL.
- e Zeaxanthin, Carotenoid pigments, in the human macula and retina
5 Multiple choice questions
- Anticoagulants/antiplatelets agents increased risk of bleeding with ____ IU/day
- estimation, no clear requirement for a population as a whole
- Niacin dosages of more than ? ? may cause liver toxicity
- use _-_ ______s of niacin for treatment of high cholesterol.
- Increasing Mg can increase gastric motility and diarrhea and increase ____er
5 True/False questions
Calcium → Magnesium is often in combo with ? 2:1 ratio or 3:1 (3:1 never found to be superior)
riboflavin (b2) → Niacin
UL (Tolerable upper intake level) → Used when RDA cannot be determined (based on observational and experimental studies)
Anemia → excessive long term exposure can lead to kidney dysfunction. Zinc Gluconate
30-60 → the GOAL FOR VITAMIN D is __-___ ng/ml.