5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- AI (adequate intake)
- Nicotinic Acid
- Niacinamide (nicotinamide)
- a Used when RDA cannot be determined (based on observational and experimental studies)
- b the RDA for Men 51-70 year olds for Calcium
- c Lowers cholesterol, decreases Triglycerides and Increases HDL.
- d may prevent diabetes in at risk children, may increase levels of anticonvulsants
- e Increasing Mg can increase gastric motility and diarrhea and increase ____er
5 Multiple choice questions
- Preformed (dietary products/liver) Retinyl Palmitate and Retinyl Acetate
- Increases absorption of iron Vitamin _?
- Folic acid can mask the effects of P_____ A____ and may result in neurological damage.
- ? Vitamin C is not readily absorbed across the intestinal mucosa. Aids IN IRON ABSORPTION
5 True/False questions
Lutein → NON HEALTHY PEOPLE SHOULD NOT TAKE MORE THAN ____ IU of Vitamin E a day
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) → Deficiency, in the Elderly, STRICT Vegetarians, Pregnancy, HEMOLYTIC ANEMIA, Hemorrhage, Malignancy, Hepatic Disease, RENAL Disease
Ferrous Sulfate → 33% elemental Iron
High Bioavailability → Magnesium Chloride (Slo-mag) and Magnesium Lactate (mag-Tab SR)
thiamine → Assume All isomers contribute to toxicity, NON-HEALTHY PATIENTS SHOULD NOT TAKE MORE THAN 400 IU OF ? A DAY! INCREASED RISK OF MORTALITY