Dorsal Column-Medial Lemniscal System
- concerned with discriminative sensations (i.e. touch, pressure, vibration, mvmt, position sense)
- carries conscious proprioception, vibration & discriminative touch
- sensory info descends on the same side of the SC (if felt on the RLE, it enters R side of SC & ascends up R side of SC to medulla where it crosses over to the opposite side, then goes up to thalamus & parietal lobes.
Posterior Columns also called:
- Fasciculus Cuneatus (UE) and Fasciculus Gracilis (LEs)
- Dorsal Column Leminiscal System