5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nationalist Party
- Karl Marx
- Hu Jintao
- Vladimir Lenin
- a Kuomintang of China, more free than
- b Leader of China since 2003)
- c The Revolution of 1911. The 4,000-year Dynastic system comes to an end. Sun Yatsen tries to form a republic that would help the people of China economically, give the people political power and enable China to defend itself against foreigners; however, civil war took place instead. Sun was never able to realize his idealistic plans for China.
- d Russian communist Politician
- e Wrote the Communist Manifesto in 1849
5 Multiple choice questions
- Rules the Soviet Union (Russia) from early 1920s until his death in 1953
- - Constitutional Monarchy in Manchuria and eastern inner Mongolia
- - Leader of the first modernized army in China
- Ruled China 1928 to 1949. Goes to Taiwan in 1949 and is its president until his death in 1975)
- Japan invades China and takes most of the major cities on the coast. Japan commits atrocities such as the murder of innocent women, children and elderly people. Chiang Kai Shek's government loses much prestige and the communist are given a chance to grow again and become heroes fighting against the Japanese. The relations between China and Japan are tense to this very day.
5 True/False questions
President Richard Nixon → his visit to China in 1971
Liu Shaoqi → key figure behind the start of the Cultural Revolution. Heir apparent to Mao. Died escaping China after it was found out that he was plotting to have Mao assassinated.
Zhou Enlai → Premier of the People's Republic of China 1949 to 1976. He was much loved by the Chinese people.
Totalitarian state → Political sytem where the state, usually under the control of a single political person, faction, or class, recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible
Red Guards → - A form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position