5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Lin Biao
- People's Republic of China
- a key figure behind the start of the Cultural Revolution. Heir apparent to Mao. Died escaping China after it was found out that he was plotting to have Mao assassinated.
- b Also know as China, is the world most populous state in the world with over 1.3 billion people
- c The Revolution of 1911. The 4,000-year Dynastic system comes to an end. Sun Yatsen tries to form a republic that would help the people of China economically, give the people political power and enable China to defend itself against foreigners; however, civil war took place instead. Sun was never able to realize his idealistic plans for China.
- d - Constitutional Monarchy in Manchuria and eastern inner Mongolia
- e - A form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position
5 Multiple choice questions
- Rules the Soviet Union (Russia) from early 1920s until his death in 1953
- promised to protect Taiwan in 1958)
- The Great Leap Forward. This was Mao's attempt to quickly modernize China. His goals were to improve China's economy and make China a significant world power that the West would no longer be able to push around. Due to poor management, propaganda that the Communist leadership themselves began to believe, an environment of fear and sycophancy and Mao's ego it ended in disaster
- The Beijing Massacre in Tiananmen Square. Deng Xiaoping did a marvelous job of developing China's economy. He was a communist but he introduced capitalist type economic reforms to help China grow; however, he was against political reform. When college students peacefully protested for democratic reform, and refused to disband, the Communist government under Deng sent in the tanks. Thousands of college students were killed and many many more were rounded up and imprisoned. The West spoke out against the violence of the Chinese government, but the criticism had little effect. By the late 1990s China was being considered for membership into the prestigious WTO. They were accepted into the WTO in 2001.
China Today - Human Rights and the Economy
- his visit to China in 1971
5 True/False questions
Hu Jintao → Premier of the People's Republic of China 1949 to 1976. He was much loved by the Chinese people.
Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchev → took over Soviet Union in 1953. Falling out with Mao by 1958. Led the Soviet Union during the cold war. Tried to have relationship with USA but China didn't like that
1934 - 1935 → Japan invades China and takes most of the major cities on the coast. Japan commits atrocities such as the murder of innocent women, children and elderly people. Chiang Kai Shek's government loses much prestige and the communist are given a chance to grow again and become heroes fighting against the Japanese. The relations between China and Japan are tense to this very day.
Liu Shaoqi → key figure behind the start of the Cultural Revolution. Heir apparent to Mao. Died escaping China after it was found out that he was plotting to have Mao assassinated.
Capitalism → Aims for a classless and stateless society structured upon common ownership of the means of production