5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Peng Duhai
- Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchev
- 1958 - 1961
- Zhou Enlai
- a Premier of the People's Republic of China 1949 to 1976. He was much loved by the Chinese people.
- b took over Soviet Union in 1953. Falling out with Mao by 1958. Led the Soviet Union during the cold war. Tried to have relationship with USA but China didn't like that
- c The Great Leap Forward. This was Mao's attempt to quickly modernize China. His goals were to improve China's economy and make China a significant world power that the West would no longer be able to push around. Due to poor management, propaganda that the Communist leadership themselves began to believe, an environment of fear and sycophancy and Mao's ego it ended in disaster
- d Communist China war hero against Japan and America. He was the Defense Minister of China from 1949 to 1959. He lost his position when he criticized Mao's decisions in the Great Leap Forward
- e The social class that owns the means of production in a capitalist society
5 Multiple choice questions
- Political sytem where the state, usually under the control of a single political person, faction, or class, recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible
- The last Emperor of China)
- Mao Zedong's last wife, was in the gang of four
- Ruled China 1928 to 1949. Goes to Taiwan in 1949 and is its president until his death in 1975)
- Published by the government of China from April 1964 until approximately 1976
5 True/False questions
Manchukuo → - Constitutional Monarchy in Manchuria and eastern inner Mongolia
Hu Jintao → Premier of the People's Republic of China 1949 to 1976. He was much loved by the Chinese people.
Lin Biao → key figure behind the start of the Cultural Revolution. Heir apparent to Mao. Died escaping China after it was found out that he was plotting to have Mao assassinated.
1989 → The Revolution of 1911. The 4,000-year Dynastic system comes to an end. Sun Yatsen tries to form a republic that would help the people of China economically, give the people political power and enable China to defend itself against foreigners; however, civil war took place instead. Sun was never able to realize his idealistic plans for China.
Propaganda → - A form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position