5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 1937 - 1945
- Peng Duhai
- Mao Zedong
- a The social class that owns the means of production in a capitalist society
- b Communist leader who started the Great proletariat Cultural revolution
- c Communist China war hero against Japan and America. He was the Defense Minister of China from 1949 to 1959. He lost his position when he criticized Mao's decisions in the Great Leap Forward
- d The lower class
- e Japan invades China and takes most of the major cities on the coast. Japan commits atrocities such as the murder of innocent women, children and elderly people. Chiang Kai Shek's government loses much prestige and the communist are given a chance to grow again and become heroes fighting against the Japanese. The relations between China and Japan are tense to this very day.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The last Emperor of China)
- Also know as China, is the world most populous state in the world with over 1.3 billion people
- Rules the Soviet Union (Russia) from early 1920s until his death in 1953
- Leader of China since 2003)
- Russian communist Politician
5 True/False questions
Yuan Shikai → - Leader of the first modernized army in China
President Richard Nixon → - Visited China in 1972 to meet with Mao
1945 - 1949 → World War II ends in August 1945. Though the Communist and Nationalist had a truce during the war, the truce broke down as soon as the war ended. The Communist and Nationalist fought in another civil war, which ended on October 1, 1949 with a Communist victory. The Nationalist were not 100% defeated. Several hundred thousand Nationalists retreated to Taiwan.
Otto Braun → key figure behind the start of the Cultural Revolution. Heir apparent to Mao. Died escaping China after it was found out that he was plotting to have Mao assassinated.
Lei Feng → key figure behind the start of the Cultural Revolution. Heir apparent to Mao. Died escaping China after it was found out that he was plotting to have Mao assassinated.