5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ionic compounds
- binary acids
- ternary acids
- a compounds composed of cations and anions
- b having one atom in the molecule
- c (physics and chemistry) the simplest structural unit of an element or compound
- d Oxides containing hydrogen, oxygen, and one other element
- e acids that consist of two elements, usually hydrogen and a halogen
5 Multiple choice questions
- located to the left of the zig-zag line and are malleable, good conductors, ductile, shiny, mostly solids.
- simple whole number ratios of elements in a compound
- elements that touch the zigzag line except Aluminum - share properties of metals and nonmetals
- positively charged ions
- chemical compound composed of only two elements
5 True/False questions
ions → electrically charged atoms that have gained or lost electrons.
semi metals → elements on the periodic table that have properties of both metals and nonmetals
oxidation number → the degree of oxidation of an atom or ion or molecule. for simple atoms or ions the oxidation number is equal to the ionic charge; "the oxidation number of hydrogen is +1 and of oxygen is -2"
polyatomic ions → tightly bound groups of atoms that behave as a unit and carry a charge
hypo → below, under, deficient