5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What must happen to matter?
- a It must be recycled between organisms and the environment
Closed pathways by which matter is cycled through ecosystems
- b captures light energy and makes energy-storing molecules (plants, algae, and some bacteria) AUTOTROPHIC
- c incorporation of materials into the body of an organism.
- d bacteria and fungi that cause decay also returns nutrients to the environment
- e burning organic matter either by natural events or human activity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the community of organisms and the abiotic factors in its habitat
- The liquid portion of water on Earth (lakes, streams, oceans)
- chemical reaction causes sedimentation
- evaporation of water from the leaves of plants.
- PRIMARY PRODUCERS occupied by plants, algae and some bacteria
5 True/False questions
second trophic level → PRIMARY CONSUMERS occupied by herbivores
Ecology → the study of the interactions of living things with one another and their environment.
water → the most influential material that determines ecosystem inhabitants
(most influential part of matter)
Water vapor → PRECIPITATION and EVAPORATION (ABIOTIC)
habitat → where a population lives.