5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is ALWAYS lost during energy transfer
- third trophic level
- Biogeochemical Cycles
- fourth trophic level
- a variety of organisms, their genetic difference and the ecosystems in which they occur.
- b Energy flows through ecosystems in 1 direction.
sun --> producers --> consumers --> decomposers --> heat
- c TERTIARY CONSUMERS consume other omnivores
- d SECONDARY CONSUMERS animals that eat other animals
- e Heat
5 Multiple choice questions
- the path of energy through a single set of throphic levels.
- bacteria and fungi that cause decay also returns nutrients to the environment
- the most influential material that determines ecosystem inhabitants
(most influential part of matter)
- the living (organism) aspects of a habitat.
5 True/False questions
Decomposition → bacteria and fungi that cause decay also returns nutrients to the environment
Combustion → all the populations of different species living in an area.
What percentage of energy does an herbivore convert into its own body mass? → 10%
ecosystem inhabitants → the community of organisms and the abiotic factors in its habitat
Respiration → evaporation of water from the leaves of plants.