5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What must happen to matter?
- What percentage of energy is designated for feces (waste)?
- abiotic factor
- What percentage of energy does an herbivore convert into its own body mass?
- a It must be recycled between organisms and the environment
Closed pathways by which matter is cycled through ecosystems
- b the most influential material that determines ecosystem inhabitants
(most influential part of matter)
- c 10%
- d the physical, non-living aspects of a habitat, such as soil, water, climate, etc.
- e 50%
5 Multiple choice questions
- the study of the interactions of living things with one another and their environment.
- where a population lives.
- captures light energy and makes energy-storing molecules (plants, algae, and some bacteria) AUTOTROPHIC
- carnivore converts 10% of the food it consumes
- all the members of a single species living in a habitat.
5 True/False questions
ecosystem inhabitants → All major kingdoms of life represented: plants, animals, fungi, protists, and bacteria.
detritivore → animals that eat plants
energy → most important factor controlling kinds and numbers of organisms.
Food web → all of the feeding relationships in an ecosystem.
herbivores → eats both plants and animals