5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Water in living organisms
- ecosystem inhabitants
- What must happen to matter?
- What percentage of energy does an herbivore convert into its own body mass?
- a the community of organisms and the abiotic factors in its habitat
- b 10%
- c It must be recycled between organisms and the environment
Closed pathways by which matter is cycled through ecosystems
- d ASSIMILATION and TRANSPIRATION
- e All major kingdoms of life represented: plants, animals, fungi, protists, and bacteria.
5 Multiple choice questions
- graphic devices used to illustrate the flow of energy through ecosystems
- Energy flows through ecosystems in 1 direction.
sun --> producers --> consumers --> decomposers --> heat
- the living (organism) aspects of a habitat.
- amount of energy available decreases as it passes through an ecosystem.
5 True/False questions
Levels of organization → cells --> tissues --> organs --> organ systems --> organism --> population --> community
Food web → the path of energy through a single set of throphic levels.
habitat → where a population lives.
Erosion → the study of the interactions of living things with one another and their environment.
first trophic level → PRIMARY PRODUCERS occupied by plants, algae and some bacteria