5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- abiotic factor
- food chain
- result of energy transfer
- fourth trophic level
- a TERTIARY CONSUMERS consume other omnivores
- b evaporation of water from the leaves of plants.
- c amount of energy available decreases as it passes through an ecosystem.
- d the path of energy through a single set of throphic levels.
- e the physical, non-living aspects of a habitat, such as soil, water, climate, etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- rate of photosynthetic production of organic molecules
- all the members of a single species living in a habitat.
- bacteria and fungi that cause decay also returns nutrients to the environment
- graphic devices used to illustrate the flow of energy through ecosystems
5 True/False questions
Decomposition → bacteria and fungi that cause decay also returns nutrients to the environment
What must happen to matter? → It must be recycled between organisms and the environment
Closed pathways by which matter is cycled through ecosystems
habitat → where a population lives.
producers → must consume plants and other organisms to obtain energy. HETEROTROPHIC
Ecology → most important factor controlling kinds and numbers of organisms.