Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Advertising Copywriting Midterm
Terms in this set (12)
ROI of creativity
ideas that are relevant, original, and have impact
relevant - research for target audience values, issues, interests and habits
impact - rational & emotional
characteristics of diverse target audiences that advertisers need to take into account when developing a campaign
A.) Hispanic Americans
F.) People with disabilities
difference between brand identity and brand image
image - how each consumer perceives the brand
identity - planned strategic, under the control of the marketer
elements of brand identity
D.) slogan / tagline
areas of research in a situation analysis and the type of data it yields
secondary & primary research
secondary sources data
A.) databases - census
B.) company records
C.) Trade associations
D.) marketing research orgs.
primary research methodologies
quantitative vs. qualitative
random vs. representative sample
primary research examples
Interviews (telephone or face-to-face)
Surveys (online or mail)
Questionnaires (online or mail)
quantitative and qualitative data
quantitative - number crunching data
qualitative - primary research; more personal
reliability and validity
reliability - consistent results
validity - truthful
elements in a creative brief (modified McCann Erickson)
1) Who is the target? (use VALs and MRI+)
2) Where is the brand now in the mind of the consumer (position)?
3) Where is the competition in the mind of the consumer?
4) Where would the client's brand like to be in the mind of the consumer?
5) What is the big idea/main selling premise?
6) What is the supporting evidence?
7) What is the tone of voice for the advertising?
8) What are the deliverables?
9) What are the mandatories?
FCB strategy model
logic vs. emotion
deliberation vs. automation
Other sets by this creator
MIDTERM Question Based Study Guide
MCOM - 390 Midterm Review (Material)
Social Media Strategy Quiz 1
Advertising Copy-writing Final