Scheduled maintenance: Saturday, March 6 from 3–4 PM PST
Upgrade to remove ads
Challenge test PHED
Terms in this set (23)
making choices and taking action that help people achive their full potential
22.described as an awareness and understanding of one's purpose in life.
23.stage of behavior change is described in the text as the "busiest stage of change?"
24.What is the umbrella term for diseases that affect the heart and blood vessels?
1.The wellness approach to health is unique in that it emphasizes the treatment of disease and the wise use of medical technology. (T or F)
False wellness means assuming responsibility for one's own health
2.The component of wellness that includes the ability to express anger in appropriate ways is called the "emotional component." (T or F)
3.Hypertension is said to occur when a person has consistent blood pressure measurements of 120/80 or higher (T or F)
25.A diagmosis of coronary heart disease is made when any artery is narrowed by at least____percent.
26.A stroke occures in the:
27. What does the term "aerobic" mean?
4. the substance in tabacco smoke that consticts blood vessels and stimulates heart rate is nicotine( T or F )
5.The recommended sequence of activities in the warm-up period prior to vigorous exercise is, first, engage in light activity and, seccond, engage in stretching exercices (T or F)
28. The amount of blood ejected by the heart in one minute is called:
29. What does the term "hyperthermia" mean?
High body temperature
30. THe maximal force that a muscle or muscle group can exert in a single contraction defines the concept of muscular:
31. What factor is most responsible for the decline in muscular strength as people age?
lack of physical activity
32. Which of the following is the best example of an anaeronic exercise?
pushing an automobile
33. What is the definition of flexibility? Flexibility is the
range of motion of a joint
34. What is the primary goal of flexibility exercises?
to increase the elasticity of muscles
35. Which of the ancient arts mentioned in the text is also referred to as movement meditation?
6. The amount of time that the American College of sports Medicine recommends for participating in daily phisical activity is 30 minutes ( T or F )
7. An increase in resistance training is associated with an increase in basal metabolism. ( T or F )
8. Anaerobic exercise,
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
KSU Wellness Midterm
Lifetime Fitness and Wellness 1-5
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Personal Finance Ch 3