Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Network+ 8th Edition Chapter 6
Get Quizlet's official Network+ - 1 term, 1 practice question, 1 full practice test
Terms in this set (25)
1. When troubleshooting wireless issues, what statement is accurate?
Access points that use overlapping channels can cause interference with each other if they are too close.
2. In an 802.11 data frame, what is the maximum amount of data that can be sent?
3. In an 802.11 data frame, what is the size of the frame check sequence field?
4. At what layer of the OSI model do the 802.11 standards vary?
5. When using RFID, what is an ARPT (Active Reader Passive Tag)?
It is a tag that is activated by an active reader, and uses power from the reader's radio to power its transmission.
6. What optional protocol can be used in 802.11 to reserve the medium for one node's use?
RTS/CTS (Request to Send/Clear to Send)
7. In IEEE terminology, a group of stations that share an access point are said to be part of which of the following?
Basic service set
8. How does refraction affect the propagation of a wireless transmission?
It distorts the signal as it travels into and through a different transmission medium.
9. What special signal is issued periodically from an AP and contains the network transmission rate and service set identifier (SSID), as well as other information needed for a computer to associate with the AP?
10. Upon connecting to a Wi-Fi network, you're redirected to a login screen and a request to accept terms of service before being connected. What is this an example of?
11. What 802.11 frame type is involved in association and reassociation, including probe and beacon frames?
12. The use of multiple antennas on an access point to issue a signal to one or more receivers is enabled by what 802.11 innovation?
Multiple input-multiple output (MIMO)
13. Which of the following statements regarding the 802.11ac standard is NOT accurate?
802.11ac access points function more like a hub than a switch.
14. The wireless spectrum, as defined by the FCC, spans between which two frequencies?
9 kHz and 300 GHz
15. The 802.11 standard specifies the use of what technique in order to minimize the potential for collisions?
Carrier Sense Multiple Access with Collision Avoidance (CSMA/CA)
16. How does the 802.11 data frame indicate how a large packet should be fragmented?
The sequence control field indicates how packets will be subdivided.
17. You are troubleshooting a client's wireless networking issue. Which of the following will prevent the client from connecting to the network?
The client has a wireless profile configured for the "campus" SSID, but the access point is broadcasting the "CAMPUS" SSID.
18. 802.11ac Wave 2 devices can theoretically support how much maximum throughput?
19. Which 802.11 frame type is related to medium access and data delivery, and includes ACK and RTS/CTS frames?
20. What scenario describes an evil twin attack?
A malicious access point is configured with the SSID of a non-malicious public access point.
21. What type of device can be used to assess the quality of a wireless signal?
22. Diffraction has what affect on a wireless signal's propagation?
The signal is split into secondary waves that continue in the direction in which they split.
23. What is the purpose of the Layer 2 LLC sublayer?
It is used to handle multiplexing, flow and error control, and reliability.
24. Which Bluetooth power class allows for a maximum power output of 100 mW and a range of up to 100 m?
25. If you need to evaluate Wi-Fi network availability as well as optimize Wi-Fi signal settings and identify security threats, what tool should you use?
Sets found in the same folder
Network+ 8th Edition Chapter 1
Network+ 8th Edition Chapter 3
Network+ 8th Edition Chapter 4
Network+ 8th Edition Chapter 2
Other sets by this creator
COMPTIA A+ 1001
Cram Guide for A+ 1001
A+ 220-1001 Certification
CIS 429 Exam 2
Other Quizlet sets
UWRF bio 240 Final Exam Study Guide
Life skills/first Aid health study guide
Chapter 14 Quiz
Physical Therapy I ( Examination 1)