5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- irregular rhythmic character
- complex rhythmic character
- compound meter
- simple meter
- a Those 2 groups of 3's, 3 groups of 3's or 4 groups of 3's. A meter which the basic beat is divided into 3 parts divided by 2.
- b Duple, triple or quadruple meter indicated by number 2,3 or 4
- c accent and duration are highly diverse or several patterns exist simultaneously
- d highness or lowness of sound; frequency of vibration
- e accents and/or duration are constantly changing
5 Multiple choice questions
- A group of pieces composed with no intended meter (chants)
- gradually get slower
- Difficult to hear meter. It has a weak pulse.
5 True/False questions
regular rhythmic character → patterns of accent and duration are repeated
meter of a march → 4 beats
tempo → The grouping of pulses into twos, threes, fours, etc
syncopation → Rhythms which are at odds with the prevailing beat.
vivace (viv.) → observant