5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- compound meter
- simple rhythmic character
- irregular meters
- a 5,7,10,11
- b patterns consist of only a few note values
- c inactive
- d Those 2 groups of 3's, 3 groups of 3's or 4 groups of 3's. A meter which the basic beat is divided into 3 parts divided by 2.
- e The speed at which musical pulses move.
5 Multiple choice questions
- If the music has definite pulse and groups are not in groups of 2's and 3's
- accents and/or duration are constantly changing
- Duple, triple or quadruple meter indicated by number 2,3 or 4
- The time element produced by accent and duration.
5 True/False questions
regular rhythmic character → accents and/or duration are constantly changing
complex rhythmic character → patterns consist of only a few note values
accelerando (acc.) → gradually get slower
dynamics → loudness, volume, dynamic(power) of sound
polymeter → A group of pieces composed with no intended meter (chants)