5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a quantity of food taken or provided for one occasion of eating.
- b a word with the same pronunciation as another but with a different meaning, origin, and, usually, spelling. (accept, except; bore, boar)
- c Of good omen; boding well for the future; favorable
- d Something that separates or divides, as an interior wall dividing one room from another.
- e composed of similar or identical elements or parts; uniform
5 Multiple choice questions
- To discharge; to send out or give forth.
- removing or lessening suspicions, fears, or hostility
- to urge on, spur on, or incite to some action
- to look with a sidways glance, suggestive of a lusty interest or malicious intention.
- calm or peaceful; tranquil
5 True/False questions
Contemptuously → done with the feeling or attitude of one who looks down on somebody or something as being low, mean, or unworthy.
Subside → Thin; rare; not obvious; not dense or heavy.
Ardently → passionately; enthusiastically; devotedly
Chaste → to make a gleeful chuckling or snorting sound
Tangible → capable of being touched; actual; able to be realized