5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Using the following illustration, what would be the IP address of E0 if you were using the eighth subnet? The network ID is 192.168.10.0/28 and you need to use the last available IP address in the range. The zero subnet should not be considered valid for this question
- What subnet and broadcast address is the IP address 172.16.66.10 255.255.192.0 (/18) a member of?
- Variable Length Subnet Masks (VLSMs)
- Given 172.16.0.0/18, What are the valid hosts?
- a Use different size masks on each router interface
- b A /28 is a 255.255.255.240 mask. We need to count to the eighth subnet, not starting at subnet-zero. 16, 32, 48, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128. The ninth subnet is 144 (we need this to help us find the 128 subnet broadcast address, which is 143).The valid host range for the eight subnet (not using subnet zero) is 129 through 142. The last available IP address available in the eighth subnet is 142.
- c 11100000 = 224
- d .0.1 - .63.254, .64.1 - .127.254, .128.1 - .191.254, .192.1 - .255.254
- e The subnet is 172.16.64.0. The broadcast must be 172.16.127.255
5 Multiple choice questions
- /25 (with ip subnet-zero), /26, /27, /28, /29, /30
- /29 is 255.255.255.248. The fourth octet is a block size of 8. 0, 8, 16, 24. The host is in the 16 subnet, broadcast of 23. Valid host 17-22
- the 10.32 subnet; The broadcast is 10.63
- A point-to-point link uses only two hosts. A /30, or 255.255.255.252, mask provides two hosts per subnet.
- /30 is 255.255.255.252. The valid subnet is 192.168.100.24, broadcast is 192.168.100.27, and valid hosts are 192.168.100.25 and 26
5 True/False questions
A router receives a packet on an interface with a destination address of 172.16.46.191/26. What will the router do with this packet? → Discard it; by default will discard any broadcast packets
Which configuration command must be in effect to allow the use of 8 subnets if the Class C subnet mask is 255.255.255.224? → The numbers between the subnets and the broadcasts omitting the all 0s and all 1s
Unable to Ping Loopback → Problem with the NIC; Replace the NIC
Why subnet? → allows you to use the first and last subnet in your network design; turned this command on by default
Classful Routing → all interfaces within the classful address space have the same subnet mask