5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- resting potential
- Sensory Neuron
- a Contains nucleus, mitochondria, rhibosomes, and other structures found in other cells.
- b the dendrites, soma, axon, presynaptic terminals are the major part of what?
- c is mainly the result of negatively charged proteins in the cell.
- d Those whose dendrites and axons are completely contained within a structure.
- e Specialized at one end to be highly sensitive to a particular stimulation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Bringing information into the structure.
- Other major components of the nervous system. And include astrocytes, micro glia, radial glia, oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells.
- The sites at which the cell synthesizes new protein molecules.
- Builds the myelin sheath that surrounds the axon of some neurons.
- Some neurons are covered with an insulating material called myelin sheath.
5 True/False questions
Motor Neuron → Has its soma in the spinal cord and receives excitation from other neurons and conducts impulses along the axon to muscle
Dendrites → Branching fibers with surface lined with synaptic receptors responsible for bringing information from other neurons.
Functional Behavior → Describes why a structure or behavior evolved as it did.
Axon → Thin fiber of a neuron responsible for transmitting nerve impulses away to other neurons, glands and muscles.
Monism → Belief that the Universe consists of only one kind of substance.