5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- concentration gradient
- Oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells
- a the membrane, nucleus, mitochondria, ribosome, & endoplasmic reticulum are the major parts of what?
- b difference in distribution of ions across the membrane.
- c The sites at which the cell synthesizes new protein molecules.
- d Builds the myelin sheath that surrounds the axon of some neurons.
- e Structure that contains the chromosomes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Sending information away from the structure.
- Bringing information into the structure.
- Removes waste material and other micro organisms that could prove harmful to the neuron.
- Helps synchronize the activity of the axon by wrapping around the presynaptic terminal and taking up chemicals released by the axon.
- Relates to behavior to the activity of the brain and other organs.
5 True/False questions
blood-brain barrier → mechanism that keeps most chemicals out of the brain.
Axon → Contains nucleus, mitochondria, rhibosomes, and other structures found in other cells.
Dendrites → Structure that separates the inside of a cell from the outside environment.
Mitochondria → Removes waste material and other micro organisms that could prove harmful to the neuron.
Sensory Neuron → Specialized at one end to be highly sensitive to a particular stimulation.