5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Efferent Axon
- Myelin Sheath
- Sensory Neuron
- a Sending information away from the structure.
- b Structure that performs metabolic activities, providing energy that the cell requires for all other activities.
- c Some neurons are covered with an insulating material called myelin sheath.
- d Those whose dendrites and axons are completely contained within a structure.
- e Specialized at one end to be highly sensitive to a particular stimulation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the membrane, nucleus, mitochondria, ribosome, & endoplasmic reticulum are the major parts of what?
- Describes how a behavior of a structure develops, including the influence of genes, nutritions, experiences and their interactions.
- Structure that separates the inside of a cell from the outside environment.
- difference in distribution of ions across the membrane.
- Has its soma in the spinal cord and receives excitation from other neurons and conducts impulses along the axon to muscle
5 True/False questions
Dendrites → Branching fibers with surface lined with synaptic receptors responsible for bringing information from other neurons.
Ribosomes → The sites at which the cell synthesizes new protein molecules.
Physiological Behavior → Describes why a structure or behavior evolved as it did.
Monism → Belief that the Universe consists of only one kind of substance.
Nucleus → Structure that contains the chromosomes.