5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- concentration gradient
- Functional Behavior
- a the chemical necessary for the use of glucose. alcoholics have a _____ deficient diet.
- b Describes why a structure or behavior evolved as it did.
- c difference in distribution of ions across the membrane.
- d Structure that performs metabolic activities, providing energy that the cell requires for all other activities.
- e Thin fiber of a neuron responsible for transmitting nerve impulses away to other neurons, glands and muscles.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Reconstructs the Evolutionary history of a structure or behavior.
- Structure that separates the inside of a cell from the outside environment.
- is mainly the result of negatively charged proteins in the cell.
- Removes waste material and other micro organisms that could prove harmful to the neuron.
- Branching fibers with surface lined with synaptic receptors responsible for bringing information from other neurons.
5 True/False questions
Presynaptic Terminals → The end points of an axon responsible for releasing chemicals to communicate with other neurons.
Soma → Other major components of the nervous system. And include astrocytes, micro glia, radial glia, oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells.
Oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells → Further branch out and increase surface area of some dendrites.
Nodes of Ranvier → Interruptions in the myelin sheath
cells → Other major components of the nervous system. And include astrocytes, micro glia, radial glia, oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells.