5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- concentration gradient
- Oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells
- a the membrane, nucleus, mitochondria, ribosome, & endoplasmic reticulum are the major parts of what?
- b Structure that performs metabolic activities, providing energy that the cell requires for all other activities.
- c Builds the myelin sheath that surrounds the axon of some neurons.
- d difference in distribution of ions across the membrane.
- e Structure that separates the inside of a cell from the outside environment.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Further branch out and increase surface area of some dendrites.
- Belief that the Universe consists of only one kind of substance.
- Interruptions in the myelin sheath
- Has its soma in the spinal cord and receives excitation from other neurons and conducts impulses along the axon to muscle
- is mainly the result of negatively charged proteins in the cell.
5 True/False questions
Soma → Other major components of the nervous system. And include astrocytes, micro glia, radial glia, oligdendrocytes and Schwann cells.
Presynaptic Terminals → The end points of an axon responsible for releasing chemicals to communicate with other neurons.
Physiological Behavior → Relates to behavior to the activity of the brain and other organs.
Ontogenetic Behavior → Describes how a behavior of a structure develops, including the influence of genes, nutritions, experiences and their interactions.
blood-brain barrier → Interruptions in the myelin sheath