5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- State Attorney General
- National Consumers League
- winning bid
- a a stipulation or prerequisite
- b this state office assists consumers who have been victimized by fraud.
- c a scam artist may noitify you that you have the winning bid, ask for money, but never ship the item purchased
- d Has a website where incidents of consumer fraud may be reported
- e a plot designed to trick someone; a deception
5 Multiple choice questions
- Not reading labels, fine print, contracts, sales offers, etc.
- A local consumer protection agency
- hiding information; hiding the truth
- offers that hinge on a consumer first purchasing something
- Using extreme tactics to persuade a consumer to buy
5 True/False questions
failure to plan → not making shopping lists, spending plans, doing comparison shopping, etc.
sweepstakes letter → a letter asking one to send several letters with money in order to, supposedly, receive money in the mail yourself
media → a scam that usually involves a "get rich quick" chain letter, sending money to others in order to, supposedly, receive money in your mail yourself
lottery → Means of communicating--e.g., word of mouth, telephone, texting, emails, etc.
lie/lying → to tell an untruth/habit or practice of telling untruths