Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
principles of MKT 10?s for 2nd attempt
Terms in this set (10)
After saving a portion of several paychecks, Greg Williams now has the buying power to purchase the computer system he has wanted for the last six months. Greg's want has become a (n) ________.
21) Which of the following statements about the World Trade Organization (WTO) is true?
A) The WTO is a branch of the U.S. government.
B) An essential function of the WTO is stabilizing international money exchange rates.
C) Only developed nations are granted membership into the WTO.
D) The WTO's main function is to help the least developed countries grow their economies.
E) The WTO is the only international organization that deals with the global rules of trade between nations.
25) A measure of economic health as stated above is individual incomes. As a measure of an individual's economic health, marketers for Nike would be focused on which of the following income indicators:
A) gross income
B) net income
C) disposable income
D) discretionary income
E) A and B
26) A sales manager sets an objective for her team to increase the units sold by five percent for the quarter. This objective is most likely part of a detailed ________ plan that is created annually, semiannually, or quarterly.
D) product development
E) human resources
27) Orkin Pest Control Service knows homeowners skimp on maintenance such as pest control during recessions. It also knows that the more consumers know about bugs, the more likely they are to buy the company's services. Therefore, Orkin teamed with the Smithsonian Institution on the Insect Safari, a traveling exhibit designed to teach people about the critters. The Safari truck visited 108 cities during one year, leaving a wake of creeped-out insectophobes reaching for the phone numbers of the local Orkin franchise. Business increased in each city the Safari truck visited. Decisions on which cities to visit and what kinds of promotion to use in each city visited are both examples of ________ plans.
31) Columbia Sportswear has introduced a new line of comfortable, lightweight clothing for people who fish. An example of ________ is the decision to run a full-page ad in Field & Stream magazine in May to get potential customers to ask their sporting goods stores to carry the new products.
A) operational planning
B) strategic planning
C) business planning
D) portfolio planning
E) brand extension
36) AT&T has recently obtained approval to purchase Time Warner Communications. Time Warner's product portfolio includes a vast array of entertainment classics ranging from Humphrey Bogart's, Casablanca to HBO's Game of Thrones. To date, the Time Warner has yet to be fully integrated into AT&T, as a sbu...so therefore its success remains unclear at this point. Under the BCG matrix, AT&T's Time Warner unit would be classified as a:
B) cash cow
D) question mark
E) none of the above
38) When Amazon acquired Whole Foods, the brick-and-mortar supermarket, the company was pursuing a ________ strategy.
A) market development
B) product penetration
C) market penetration
E) product development
39) Successful marketing firms such as Apple, Microsoft, Costco and Amazon invest in their customers first and foremost because they view customers as a means to a profitable end.
Answer: True______ False_____
40) Given question # 39, successful firms such as Disney, design their marketing mix strategy's focusing on creating utility with the end goal of providing customers with:
A) a desirable product, such as the magic kingdom
B) exceptional service, such as clean theme parks
C) A and B
D) an all-inclusive, solution-based product portfolio intended to satisfy a family's entertainment, security, and lodging needs
E) a product development portfolio of products intended to maximize profitability
Other sets by this creator
commercial bank mgt final exam
commercial bank mgt fin 4610 ch, 7,8,9
SCM 3690 exam 1
Fin 4610 Exam 1
Other Quizlet sets
World History pages 29-31
Ch. 2 eBook Quiz
Parenting Semester Test