5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A British moderate-liberal political party that has controlled since 1997. Promotes social welfare programs. Tony Blair and Gordon Brown are both members.
- The largest British political party on the right. Pro free market economy and privatization. Was strong during the 1980s and 'early 1990s during the rule of Margaret Thatcher and John Major.
- UK includes England., Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland. GB is the UK without N. Ireland
- Created by an Act of Parliament in Great Britain, these advise the government of policy and may deliver public services. The heads are appointed by a cabinet minister.
- Prime Minister from 1997-2007. He was known for his large policy staff (White House style). Downfall was his support of President Bush and the Iraq war.
4 True/False questions
Gordon Brown → Leader of the Labour party in Great Britain and PM from 2007-2010
Devolution → The practice of decentralizing the unitary authority from Westminster to the other parts of the UK. Most certainly promoted by the Scottish and Welsh.
European Union → A supranational organization that binds its members together with common policies and shared rules. Great Britain is divided on whether or not they should belong. It was conceived in 1957 by the Treaty of Rome (remember that from AP Euro, of course you do!).
Prime minister → Prime Minister from 1997-2007. He was known for his large policy staff (White House style). Downfall was his support of President Bush and the Iraq war.