5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The practice of decentralizing the unitary authority from Westminster to the other parts of the UK. Most certainly promoted by the Scottish and Welsh.
- UK includes England., Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland. GB is the UK without N. Ireland
- The largest of the "third" parties in Britain. They are the most "left" of the major parties. Their current leader is Sir "menzies" Campbell.
- A British moderate-liberal political party that has controlled since 1997. Promotes social welfare programs. Tony Blair and Gordon Brown are both members.
- Leader of the Labour party in Great Britain and PM from 2007-2010
4 True/False questions
Conservative Party → A British moderate-liberal political party that has controlled since 1997. Promotes social welfare programs. Tony Blair and Gordon Brown are both members.
European Union → A supranational organization that binds its members together with common policies and shared rules. Great Britain is divided on whether or not they should belong. It was conceived in 1957 by the Treaty of Rome (remember that from AP Euro, of course you do!).
Downing Street → Represents the Prime Minister and related office. Its where the PM lives.
Prime minister → Leader of the majority party in Great Britain hold this title. It is the chief executive position in a parliamentary system.