5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The executive departments that work with the Prime Minister. Its head ministers are chosen by the Prime Minister.
- UK includes England., Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland. GB is the UK without N. Ireland
- Ideology that ruled Great Britain during the 1980s in which it was named after the leader of the time. Characteristics include strong foreign policy and promotion of free market economy
- Prime Minister from 1997-2007. He was known for his large policy staff (White House style). Downfall was his support of President Bush and the Iraq war.
- Leader of the majority party in Great Britain hold this title. It is the chief executive position in a parliamentary system.
4 True/False questions
Devolution → The practice of decentralizing the unitary authority from Westminster to the other parts of the UK. Most certainly promoted by the Scottish and Welsh.
Gordon Brown → Leader of the Labour party in Great Britain and PM from 2007-2010
European Union → The practice of decentralizing the unitary authority from Westminster to the other parts of the UK. Most certainly promoted by the Scottish and Welsh.
QUANGOS → Created by an Act of Parliament in Great Britain, these advise the government of policy and may deliver public services. The heads are appointed by a cabinet minister.