5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The largest of the "third" parties in Britain. They are the most "left" of the major parties. Their current leader is Sir "menzies" Campbell.
- Leader of the majority party in Great Britain hold this title. It is the chief executive position in a parliamentary system.
- Represents the Prime Minister and related office. Its where the PM lives.
- The practice of decentralizing the unitary authority from Westminster to the other parts of the UK. Most certainly promoted by the Scottish and Welsh.
- Prime Minister from 1997-2007. He was known for his large policy staff (White House style). Downfall was his support of President Bush and the Iraq war.
4 True/False questions
United Kingdom/Great Britain → UK includes England., Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland. GB is the UK without N. Ireland
Labour Party → A British moderate-liberal political party that has controlled since 1997. Promotes social welfare programs. Tony Blair and Gordon Brown are both members.
First-past-the-post → Ideology that ruled Great Britain during the 1980s in which it was named after the leader of the time. Characteristics include strong foreign policy and promotion of free market economy
Cabinet → Created by an Act of Parliament in Great Britain, these advise the government of policy and may deliver public services. The heads are appointed by a cabinet minister.