5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- North Carolina
- Eli Whitley
- a what amendment prevents double jeopardy, which means a person cannot be tried twice for the same crime?
- b what word means to be concerned only with your own needs and freedoms?
- c what is the very first part of the Constitution called?
- d waht is the first public state university in america?
- e who invented the cotton gin?
5 Multiple choice questions
- For a bill vetoed by the president to become a law, it must be passed by what percentage of the congress?
- the whig party supported and wanted to progress in the area of banks and __________________.
- what political party went away after their candidate for governor didnt support manhood suffrage?
- which amendment lists basic rights such as the right to freedom of speech, religion, press ...?
- Lode mining is a process of searching for gold where?
5 True/False questions
naturalized → according to cherokee legend, what person gave themselves up to save the others in hiding?
happiness → according to the declaration of inderpendence, the basic rights of all people are life, liberty, and the pursuit of _________.
1920 → is a person a citizen of the US who is born in another country, but has parents that are US citizens?
Army → most poor kids didnt go to school in the early 1800's, instead, they worked on family _____.
speaker of the house → the name of the 1,200 mile walk that many native americans had to take to relocate.