5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Columnar Epithelium
- Squamous Epithelium
- a Involved in development of allergies
- b A white blood cell; primary function is defense against foreign materials as part of the immune system.
- c Flat cells with nuclei that are flat and parallel to the free surface
- d The study of tissues.
- e Rectangular cells with nuclei that are oval and parallel to the axis of the cell
5 Multiple choice questions
- An iron-containing respiratory pigment of vertebrate red blood cells that functions primarily in the transport of oxygen from the lungs to the tissues of the body.
- Many cells
- Kill parasites
- Release their products onto the free surface of the skin or of the open cavities of the body such as the digestive, respiratory or reproductive tracts.
- The removal and examination of tissue, cells, or fluids from the living body.
5 True/False questions
Stratified Epithelium → The shape of the cells closest to the lumen changes depending on the degree of stretching of the organ they belong to.
Tissue → The removal and examination of tissue, cells, or fluids from the living body.
Endocrine Glands → Secreted directly into the blood and circulate throughout the body to their target areas.
Unicellular → Many cells
Monocytes & Neutrophils → Fight Bacteria