Create an account
8) A precapillary sphincter is a cuff of smooth muscle that regulates the flow of blood into the capillaries.
9) The carotid sinus reflex protects the blood supply to the brain, whereas the aortic reflex is more concerned with maintaining adequate blood pressure in the systemic circuit as a whole
12) In infants and young people, congenital vascular problems are less common than congenital heart disease.
16) An obstruction in the superior vena cava would decrease the flow of blood from the head and neck to the heart.
17) Arteries supplying the same territory are often merged with one another, forming arterial anastomoses.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together