7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- was influenced by Freud, he believed that the ego exists from birth and that behaviour is not totally defensive.
- Ego-Integrity vs. Despair
- Our strength comes from a wisdom that world is very large and we now have detached concerned with the whole of life, accepting death as the completion of life. May struggle for purpose in life and wonder "was the trip worth it?" Most significant relationship is with all of MANKIND "MY KIND"
- During this stage we learn to master skills for ourselves and have the opportunity to build self esteem and autonomy as we gain control over our bodies. If we are shamed during potty training or other skills we may feel great shame and doubt. TERRIBLE TWO'S Most significant relationship w/ PARENTS
- Initiative vs. Guilt
- withdrawing from responsibilities
6 True/False questions
Name of Erikson's Stage: Birth to 18 months → Industry vs. Inferiority
Key issue(s): Identity vs. Identity Confusion Stage → We can experience intimacy on a deep level. If we're not successful, isolation and distance others may occur. World can begin to shrink. Most significant relationships MARITAL PARTNERS AND FRIENDS.
Key issue(s): Intimacy vs. Isolation Stage → We can experience intimacy on a deep level. If we're not successful, isolation and distance others may occur. World can begin to shrink. Most significant relationships MARITAL PARTNERS AND FRIENDS.
Erikson's philosophy might be said to rest on two major themes → (1) the world gets bigger as we go along and (2) failure is cummulative
Key issue(s): Erikson's Initiative vs. Guilt Stage → Often called LATENCY, were are capable of learning, creating and accomplishing numerous new skills and knowledge, thus developing a sense of industry. Feeling of inadeqacy and inferiority among peers can cause problems in terms of competence and self-esteem. Most significant relationship is with the SCHOOL and NEIGHBORHOOD. Parents are no longer the complete authorities they once were, although they are still important.
Key issue(s): Generativity vs. Stagnation/Self-Absorption → Work is most crucial, the task is to perpetuate culture and transmit values of the culture through the family (taming the kids) and working to establish a stable invironment. Unsuccessful through this stage we become self absorbed and stagnate. Most significant relationship WORKPLACE, the COMMUNITY and FAMILY.