5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gregor Mendel
- U.S. Civil War
- Manifest Destiny
- Orville and Wilbur Wright
- Third Republic
- a The government of France that replaced Napoleon the 3rd. It lasted for over 60 years beginning in 1875.
- b created the first airplane in 1903. This created the aircraft industry.
- c The belief that Americans have the right and duty to control all the North American continent
- d War between the North and South because the south tried to withdraw from the Union (1861-1865)
- e Austrian monk that developed the science of genetics in the 1850s and 1860s.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Addition to Constitution that said a state could NOT deny a person's right to vote because of their race, color, or previous condition of servitude (slavery).
- A Polynesian group that settled New Zealand in the 800's.
- British lord that investigated the problems among colonists in Canada and suggested combining Upper and Lower Canada into the Province of Canada and giving colonists the right to govern themselves.
- an American inventor of the late 1800s that developed over 1,000 patents at his Menlo Park, NJ laboratory.
- a Russian physiologist who said that human actions were unconscious reactions to experiences and could be trained.
5 True/False questions
Dominion → This is a political entity that has the right to govern its own domestic affairs, but is still part of a larger empire.
Mexian Cession → Territory of California, AZ, NM, and NV that was sold by Mexico to the U.S. after the U.S. defeated them in war.
Joseph Lister → Federal fort in the harbor of Charleston, SC. Civil war was started when southern forces fired on this fort.
Indian Removal Act of 1830 → An English law that granted suffrage to only well-to-do middle class men (added 2% to the voting rolls) & revised voter rep. in parliament to get rid of rotten boroughs
Chartis Movement → British naturalist that developed the theory of natural selection and evolution (1859)