5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- States' Rights
- Rotten Borrough
- Lord Durham
- Louis Pasteur
- a discovered that bacteria grew in alcohol fermentation. He also discovered that heat killed these germs, and started to develop the germ theory of disease.
- b Political belief that individual states had more political authority than the federal government. This says that states can nullify a federal law or withdraw from the union.
- c British lord that investigated the problems among colonists in Canada and suggested combining Upper and Lower Canada into the Province of Canada and giving colonists the right to govern themselves.
- d Voting district that still has lots of representation in parliament but not a large population due to urbanization.
- e Someone who takes violent or extreme measures to achieve a goal
5 Multiple choice questions
- a British physicist who theorized that atoms were made up of smaller particles called electrons, neutrons, and protons.
- She and her daughters created a militant women's rights organization (WSPU)
- Movement started by Jewish people to create a homeland in Palestine in order to escape prejudice.
- The government of France that replaced Napoleon the 3rd. It lasted for over 60 years beginning in 1875.
- Government sanctioned attack on Jewish people in Russia
5 True/False questions
Orville and Wilbur Wright → French Noble Prize winners who discovered radioactivity and the elements of radium and polonium in the early 1900s.
Sigmund Freud → The right to vote
Gregor Mendel → to withdraw
Henry Ford → American mechanic who developed the use of assembly line production to mass produce cars for the public.
Australia → The right to vote