5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Manifest Destiny
- Gregor Mendel
- Indian Removal Act of 1830
- Sigmund Freud
- a Law that made it lawful to move Native Americans off their land in the Southeast and relocate them to the west so that settlers could take their good farmland
- b An Austrian doctor and pioneer in psychology. He developed the idea that actions may be unconsciously determined by early experiences. He developed psychoanalysis.
- c The belief that Americans have the right and duty to control all the North American continent
- d A Polynesian group that settled New Zealand in the 800's.
- e Austrian monk that developed the science of genetics in the 1850s and 1860s.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Addition to Constitution that prohibited slavery in the United States.
- The government of France that replaced Napoleon the 3rd. It lasted for over 60 years beginning in 1875.
- art, writing, music and other forms of entertainment that appealed to large audiences.
- British lord that investigated the problems among colonists in Canada and suggested combining Upper and Lower Canada into the Province of Canada and giving colonists the right to govern themselves.
- inventor of the primitive radio (1895)
5 True/False questions
Emmeline Pankhurst → discovered that bacteria grew in alcohol fermentation. He also discovered that heat killed these germs, and started to develop the germ theory of disease.
Ivan Pavlov → British chemist that theorized all matter is made up of tiny particles called atoms in 1803. He also distinguished between elements and compounds.
15th Amendment → Addition to Constitution that said a state could NOT deny a person's right to vote because of their race, color, or previous condition of servitude (slavery).
Abraham Lincoln → 16th President in 1860 who promised to stop the spread of Slavery. This angered southerners and led to the civil war. He also issues Emancipation Proclamation.
Chartis Movement → Political movement among working class to gain the right to vote and other democratic reforms (Suffrage for all men, yearly parliamentary elections, secret ballot, no property requirements to be in parliament, salary for parliamentary members)