5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- States' Rights
- Indian Removal Act of 1830
- Guglielmo Marconi
- mass culture
- Internal Combustion Engine
- a inventor of the primitive radio (1895)
- b a gasoline-powered engine that made it possible to run automobiles.
- c Law that made it lawful to move Native Americans off their land in the Southeast and relocate them to the west so that settlers could take their good farmland
- d Political belief that individual states had more political authority than the federal government. This says that states can nullify a federal law or withdraw from the union.
- e art, writing, music and other forms of entertainment that appealed to large audiences.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The right to vote
- a method of production in which products are put together on a moving conveyor line where each worker puts on one piece.
- An English law that granted suffrage to only well-to-do middle class men (added 2% to the voting rolls) & revised voter rep. in parliament to get rid of rotten boroughs
- The forced removal of the Cherokee Indians from Georgia to Oklahoma in which ¼ of them died.
- She and her daughters created a militant women's rights organization (WSPU)
5 True/False questions
13th Amendment → Addition to Constitution that prohibited slavery in the United States.
Dominion → This is a political entity that has the right to govern its own domestic affairs, but is still part of a larger empire.
Marie and Pierre Curie → French Noble Prize winners who discovered radioactivity and the elements of radium and polonium in the early 1900s.
Third Republic → The government of France that replaced Napoleon the 3rd. It lasted for over 60 years beginning in 1875.
Australia → The right to vote