5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sigmund Freud
- Ivan Pavlov
- Louis Pasteur
- a An Austrian doctor and pioneer in psychology. He developed the idea that actions may be unconsciously determined by early experiences. He developed psychoanalysis.
- b the theory that all living things evolve from lesser species through a process of natural selection.
- c Native peoples of Australia.
- d a Russian physiologist who said that human actions were unconscious reactions to experiences and could be trained.
- e discovered that bacteria grew in alcohol fermentation. He also discovered that heat killed these germs, and started to develop the germ theory of disease.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Movement started by Jewish people to create a homeland in Palestine in order to escape prejudice.
- American mechanic who developed the use of assembly line production to mass produce cars for the public.
- Addition to Constitution that prohibited slavery in the United States.
- This is a colony established to send convicted from the mother country.
- a powerful form of energy released by some elements.
5 True/False questions
Joseph Lister → a British surgeon that developed antiseptics to kill germs.
Charles darwin → British naturalist that developed the theory of natural selection and evolution (1859)
Third Republic → This means to have political sovereignty in domestic affairs.
Abraham Lincoln → 16th President in 1860 who promised to stop the spread of Slavery. This angered southerners and led to the civil war. He also issues Emancipation Proclamation.
Alexander Graham Bell → Austrian monk that developed the science of genetics in the 1850s and 1860s.