- Provide a point of focus and management for all availability-related issues, relating to services, components and resources;
- Ensure that availability targets in all areas are measured and achieved;
- Match or exceed the current and future agreed needs of the business in a cost-effective manner;
Two (2) aspects:
1. Reactive activities: monitoring, measuring, analysis and management of events, incidents, problems involving service unavailability
2. Proactive activities: proactive planning, design, recommendation and improvement of availability
Consider the availability, reliability, maintainability, and serviceability at both service and component level.