5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- herpes zoster
- decubitus ulcer
- a hives; red lesions caused by fluid loss from blood vessels
- b highly contagious staphylococcal or streptococcal infection
- c chronic inflammatory condition accompanied by scaly plaques
- d (bedsores) develop when pressure slows down blood flow to local areas of the skin
- e "zoster" or "shingles"; can only treat symptoms.
5 Multiple choice questions
- caused by herpes virus. "kissing herpes" or "genital herpes"
- caused by pressure from tight shoes or improper cut of nail.
- disorder of vessels and connective tissue characterized by hardening of the skin; two types: localized and systemic
- benign neoplasm caused by papillomavirus
- "acne"; caused by increased oil production. treated with creams and lotions.
5 True/False questions
genital herpes → STD; caused by person-to-person contact. antivirals help shorten episodes in the beginning
rosacea → "acne"; rosy red color, found in 25 yr olds and older
dermatitis → inflammation of the skin
boils → mole; removed by surgery or injections/radiotherapy
nevus → furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles