5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- herpes zoster
- a caused by a group of fungi that feed on dead skin & perspiration. treated with antifungal drugs.
- b fungal infection (mycosis) of the skin; several forms occur
- c "zoster" or "shingles"; can only treat symptoms.
- d inflammation of tissues; hot red patches, treat with antimicrobials.
- e "acne"; rosy red color, found in 25 yr olds and older
5 Multiple choice questions
- baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy
- highly contagious staphylococcal or streptococcal infection
- benign neoplasm caused by papillomavirus
- common inflammatory condition characterized by papules, vesicles, and crusts; not a disease itself but a symptom of an underlying condition
- furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles
5 True/False questions
dermatitis → inflammation of the skin
genital herpes → caused by herpes virus. "kissing herpes" or "genital herpes"
acne vulgaris → inflammation of tissues; hot red patches, treat with antimicrobials.
psoriasis → itching; caused by diabetes and liver diseases with jaundice. cleanliness/lotions aid in relief.
nevus → furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles