5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- herpes zoster
- a highly contagious staphylococcal or streptococcal infection
- b furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles
- c mole; removed by surgery or injections/radiotherapy
- d disorder of vessels and connective tissue characterized by hardening of the skin; two types: localized and systemic
- e "zoster" or "shingles"; can only treat symptoms.
5 Multiple choice questions
- common inflammatory condition characterized by papules, vesicles, and crusts; not a disease itself but a symptom of an underlying condition
- "acne"; rosy red color, found in 25 yr olds and older
- benign neoplasm caused by papillomavirus
- STD; caused by person-to-person contact. antivirals help shorten episodes in the beginning
- baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy
5 True/False questions
urticaria → hives; red lesions caused by fluid loss from blood vessels
psoriasis → itching; caused by diabetes and liver diseases with jaundice. cleanliness/lotions aid in relief.
ingrown nails → caused by pressure from tight shoes or improper cut of nail.
tinea → fungal infection (mycosis) of the skin; several forms occur
dermatitis → itching; caused by diabetes and liver diseases with jaundice. cleanliness/lotions aid in relief.