5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- herpes zoster
- a fungal infection (mycosis) of the skin; several forms occur
- b hives; red lesions caused by fluid loss from blood vessels
- c "zoster" or "shingles"; can only treat symptoms.
- d "acne"; rosy red color, found in 25 yr olds and older
- e inflammation of tissues; hot red patches, treat with antimicrobials.
5 Multiple choice questions
- highly contagious staphylococcal or streptococcal infection
- baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy
- disorder of vessels and connective tissue characterized by hardening of the skin; two types: localized and systemic
- chronic inflammatory condition accompanied by scaly plaques
- common inflammatory condition characterized by papules, vesicles, and crusts; not a disease itself but a symptom of an underlying condition
5 True/False questions
herpes simplex → caused by herpes virus. "kissing herpes" or "genital herpes"
acne vulgaris → inflammation of tissues; hot red patches, treat with antimicrobials.
dermatitis → inflammation of the skin
pruritis → itching; caused by diabetes and liver diseases with jaundice. cleanliness/lotions aid in relief.
ringworm → benign neoplasm caused by papillomavirus