5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- genital herpes
- a hives; red lesions caused by fluid loss from blood vessels
- b disorder of vessels and connective tissue characterized by hardening of the skin; two types: localized and systemic
- c "acne"; rosy red color, found in 25 yr olds and older
- d caused by a group of fungi that feed on dead skin & perspiration. treated with antifungal drugs.
- e STD; caused by person-to-person contact. antivirals help shorten episodes in the beginning
5 Multiple choice questions
- inflammation of tissues; hot red patches, treat with antimicrobials.
- baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy
- "zoster" or "shingles"; can only treat symptoms.
- fungal infection (mycosis) of the skin; several forms occur
- (bedsores) develop when pressure slows down blood flow to local areas of the skin
5 True/False questions
herpes simplex → "zoster" or "shingles"; can only treat symptoms.
pruritis → chronic inflammatory condition accompanied by scaly plaques
ingrown nails → furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles
eczema → fungal infection (mycosis) of the skin; several forms occur
boils → mole; removed by surgery or injections/radiotherapy