5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- genital herpes
- herpes simplex
- a STD; caused by person-to-person contact. antivirals help shorten episodes in the beginning
- b caused by herpes virus. "kissing herpes" or "genital herpes"
- c chronic inflammatory condition accompanied by scaly plaques
- d caused by a group of fungi that feed on dead skin & perspiration. treated with antifungal drugs.
- e baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy
5 Multiple choice questions
- "acne"; caused by increased oil production. treated with creams and lotions.
- (bedsores) develop when pressure slows down blood flow to local areas of the skin
- highly contagious staphylococcal or streptococcal infection
- benign neoplasm caused by papillomavirus
- furuncles; staphylococcal infection in hair follicles
5 True/False questions
cellulitis → inflammation of tissues; hot red patches, treat with antimicrobials.
eczema → fungal infection (mycosis) of the skin; several forms occur
scleroderma → baldness. caused by hereditary factors, aging, disease, injury, chemotherapy
herpes zoster → "zoster" or "shingles"; can only treat symptoms.
tinea → common inflammatory condition characterized by papules, vesicles, and crusts; not a disease itself but a symptom of an underlying condition