* Maps, tables, graphs, charts, and pictures are visual aids used to gather, display, and classify geographic information.
* The letter (left) and number (bottom) coordinates of a grid system identify the approximate location of a place.
Terms in this set (...)
Where people live
The kind of weather an area has over a long period of time
Any one of the four phases of the year (spring, summer, fall or winter)
The shape of the land's surface
land and bodies of water
* Location and climate affect the way people in a community meet their basic needs * Geography affects how people and what is available for recreation
- Food - Clothing - Shelter
places that have common characteristics
A large body of land on the Earth
Seven (7) Continents:
1) North America 2) South America 3) Europe 4) Asia 5) Africa 6) Australia 7) Antarctica