Upgrade to remove ads
MARK4100 Test 3
Terms in this set (20)
the way we feel about ourselves, the things we value, the things we do in our spare time
What are psychographics used for?
1. determine market segments
2. determine consumers' reasons for choosing products
3. fine-tuned offerings to meet needs of different segments
enduring beliefs that a given behavior or outcome is desirable / good
total set of values and their relative importance
List the Western Cultural Values.
Materialism, Hedonic, Work & Play, Individualism, Health, Home, Youth
a person's unique psychological makeup and how it consistently influences the way a person responds to his / her environment
What is the difference between a personality "state" and "trait"?
state: temporary emotional reaction to stimuli
trait: enduring personality characteristic
List the 3 aspects to the psychoanalytical approach to personality.
1. Id: immediate pleasure seeking and pain avoidance
2. Superego: counterweight to the id; focuses on society's rules; prevents the id from seeking selfish behaviors
3. Ego: balance between the two
What are the limitations to the psychoanalytical approach to personality?
they are more concerned with the causes of personality rather than the consequences of personality
Big 5 Personality Traits
1. openness to experience: appreciation for art; curious
2. conscientiousness: your self-discipline and aim for achievement
3. extroversion: energy; tendency to seek company of others
4. agreeableness: how compassionate and cooperative you are
5. neuroticism: easily experience unpleasant emotions
5 Dimensions of Brand Personality
People's patterns of behavior (our activities, interests, and opinions)
What are the generation / age groups and the ages associated with them?
Kids (12 and younger)
Gen Y / Millennials / Echo Boomers (23-38)
Gen X / Baby Busters (39-54)
Baby Boomers (55-73)
Elderly / Gray Market (over 65-70)
Agentic vs Communal Goals
Agentic: goals that stress mastery, self-efficacy, strength, and assertiveness; characterized as being emotionless
Communal: goals that stress affiliation and foster harmonious relations with others; characterized as being submissive, emotional, and home-oriented
Gender vs Sexual Orientation
Gender: biological state of being male or female
Sexual Orientation: a person's preference toward certain masculine or feminine behaviors
Social Class Hierarchy
the grouping of members of society, according to status (high, middle, low)
acquisition and display of goods to show off one's status
only members of desirable in-group can identify certain brands/logos/styles
visibly buying products and services that represent unnecessary abundance
What are the "BIG 3 American Subcultures?"
1. Hispanic Americans
2. African Americans
3. Asian Americans
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
MKTG 322 Exam 1 (Prof Kan @ TAMU) based off slides
MGT 331 - Ch. 2
Week 1-2: Unit 2 Personality & Emotional Intellige…
Consumer Behaviour Chapter 6 Personality, Lifestyl…
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
SPAN4150 Capitales y Paises
Capítulo 4: La Banca y el Banco
MARK4100 Exam 1 Vocabulary
Capítulo 2: La Empresa Vocabulario