5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Remedial readers can be characterized as:
- Phonological awareness includes phonemic awareness and ...
- Onset is the:
- Phonemic awareness is the ability to:
- Do phonological awareness activities involve working with rhymes, words, syllables, onsets and rimes?
- a Initial consonant sound of a syllable.
- b * Hear
the phonemes in spoken words
- c ... the ability to manipulate the sound structure of language.
- d Yes.
- e Not able to demonstrate competency in these skills.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Kindergarten or 1st grade.
- 1. Planned
2. Carefully selected letter/sound relationships
3. Logically sequenced
- 1. Work-attack skills (multisyllabic words)
3. Spelling and vocabulary
5. Comprehension of text (context skills)
6. Utilizing metacognition
5 True/False questions
What is the rime of bag? → -ag
Beginning readers are often in what age range? → The age of beginning readers often ranges between:
K to 2nd (3rd) grade
Remedial readers are identified in what grade? → Early childhood to pre-K.
Can the combination of syllables creating words be called blending? → Yes.
Grapheme → Smallest part of a written language
that represents a phoneme
when spelling a word.