5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Onset & rime are smaller than syllables but larger than...
- There are 6 objectives for reading instruction for remedial readers. Name the first 3.
- Define syllable
- T/F: Approximately 2 years of phonics instruction is sufficient for most students.
- The vocabulary objective of beginning reading instruction should include 3 elements. Name them.
- a ... phonemes.
- b 1. Assessment of identified reading weakness (diagnosis)
2. Teaching explicit strategies based on diagnosis
3. Linking instruction to prior knowledge
- c A word part that contains a
vowel or vowel sound.
- d True :-)
- e Vocabulary
1. Word-attack skills
5 Multiple choice questions
- ... syllables.
- * Hear
the phonemes in spoken words
5 True/False questions
Fluent readers should receive systematic and explicit instruction in reading.
Name 6 objectives of this instruction. → 1. Work-attack skills (multisyllabic words)
3. Spelling and vocabulary
5. Comprehension of text (context skills)
6. Utilizing metacognition
Can understanding semantics assist when decoding in understanding why a word "sounds" correct in a sentence? → Yes.
Phonics is: → The understanding that there is a predictable relationship between phonemes and graphemes.
Beginning readers should receive systematic and explicit instruction in reading.
Name 4 objectives of this instruction. → 1. Phonics
4. Listening and writing
Beginning readers are often in what age range? → 4th to 8th.