5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Segmenting is:
- Explicit phonics programs ...
- Is syntax also the examination of various ways that words combine to create meaning?
- Syntax is:
- Word-attack skills refers to...
- a ... provide teachers with
precise directions for teaching
- b The study of:
* how sentences are formed
* pattern or structure of word order in sentences
- c * Breaking words into phonemes or syllables
* Breaking syllables into onsets & rimes
- d Yes.
- e Word-attack skills refers to strategies readers use to decode unknown words.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 4. Rhyme
5. Blend words
6. Begin to recognize phonograms
* Phonemic awareness
* Phonemic blending
* Phonemic decoding
- The understanding that there is a predictable relationship between phonemes and graphemes.
- 1. Letters are associated with sounds
2. Begin to read simple CVC words
3. Writing simple CVC words evolves to CVC
- A word part that contains a
vowel or vowel sound.
5 True/False questions
Blending can be combining phonemes to create... → ... words or syllables.
Beginning readers are often in what age range? → Early childhood to pre-K.
Can the combination of syllables creating words be called blending? → 4 Stages of Reading Development:
Beginning readers should receive systematic and explicit instruction in reading.
Name 4 objectives of this instruction. → 1. Phonics
4. Listening and writing
Does phonological awareness include the ability to work with the sounds of a language at the word, syllable and phoneme level? → Yes.