5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fluent readers are often in what grade range?
- What is the rime of bag?
- Phonological awareness includes phonemic awareness and ...
- Blending can also be the combining of onsets and rimes creating??
- Define morpheme
- a ... the ability to manipulate the sound structure of language.
- b -ag
- c A unit of meaning that cannot be divided into smaller elements.
- d ... syllables.
- e 4th to 8th.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The age of beginning readers often ranges between:
K to 2nd (3rd) grade
- ... sounds work together to make words.
The expectation is that these students will acquire reading skills consistent with the standards.
- * Blending phonemes to make words
* Segmenting words into phonemes
* Deleting/Adding phonemes from/to words
* Substituting phonemes to make new words
5 True/False questions
Is syntax also the examination of various ways that words combine to create meaning? → Yes.
Developmental expectations of fluent readers contain 4 objectives. Name them. → 1. Letters are associated with sounds
2. Begin to read simple CVC words
3. Writing simple CVC words evolves to CVC
Segmenting is: → * Breaking words into phonemes or syllables
* Breaking syllables into onsets & rimes
Systematic phonics instruction has these 3 characteristics: → 1. Planned
2. Carefully selected letter/sound relationships
3. Logically sequenced
Explicit phonics programs ... → Yes.