5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Systematic phonics instruction has these 3 characteristics:
- Define syllable
- The phonics objective of beginning reading instruction should include 4 elements. Name them.
- Name 4 stages of reading development.
- Can the combination of syllables creating words be called blending?
- a Yes.
- b A word part that contains a
vowel or vowel sound.
- c 1. Planned
2. Carefully selected letter/sound relationships
3. Logically sequenced
- d Phonics:
* Phonemic awareness
* Phonemic blending
* Phonemic decoding
- e 4 Stages of Reading Development:
5 Multiple choice questions
- 4th to 8th.
5 True/False questions
The more thorough definition of phoneme is... → The smallest part of spoken language
that makes a difference in the meaning of words.
Phoneme Manipulation is: → The analysis and study of
words, phrases, and sentences.
Will the development of early reading skills allow children to gain opportunities for future learning possibilities? → Yes.
Beginning readers can be characterized as:
- Orthographic → Emergent readers can be characterized as:
Rime is the: → The part of a syllable that contains the vowel and everything after it.