5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Define morpheme
- Word-attack skills refers to...
- The phonics objective of beginning reading instruction should include 4 elements. Name them.
- Fluent readers should receive systematic and explicit instruction in reading.
Name 6 objectives of this instruction.
- Can the combination of syllables creating words be called blending?
- a Yes.
- b A unit of meaning that cannot be divided into smaller elements.
- c Phonics:
* Phonemic awareness
* Phonemic blending
* Phonemic decoding
- d Word-attack skills refers to strategies readers use to decode unknown words.
- e 1. Work-attack skills (multisyllabic words)
3. Spelling and vocabulary
5. Comprehension of text (context skills)
6. Utilizing metacognition
5 Multiple choice questions
- 4th to 8th.
- ... sounds work together to make words.
- ... phonemes.
5 True/False questions
Is phonemic awareness the most important determinant toward becoming a successful reader? → Yes
Explicit phonics programs ... → The understanding that there is a predictable relationship between phonemes and graphemes.
Fluent readers can be characterized as:
- Orthographic → Orthographic
Orthographic: ability to decode using larger units of print.
What is the rime of bag? → The part of a syllable that contains the vowel and everything after it.
Does phonological awareness include the ability to work with the sounds of a language at the word, syllable and phoneme level? → ... the ability to manipulate the sound structure of language.