Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Nov 15 Exam
Terms in this set (17)
when planning an evaluation, what considerations should a commander take into account
1. Should the eval measure the unit OR an individuals combat readiness?
2. Areas or tasks need evaluating?
3. Is the time/resources are available?
4. Will logistical support be required?
Considerations during an evaluation
1. Look for trends
2. DO NOT coach/critique/focus on negatives
3. Take note of support
4. Address safety concerns on the spot
What are the 4 types of evaluation? Give a brief description of each.
1. Informal: exams/quizes
2. Formal: inspections, ITX
3. Internal: within the unit/ same commander
4. External: OIG, IRS audit, different or outside commander
Measure of Performance (MOP)
Input (quantifies the amount of training)
Measure of Effectiveness (MOE)
Output (quantifies any systematic changes)
5 common symptoms of culture shock?
5. Disruption of sleep patterns
what are some methods to mitigating culture shock?
1. develop a hobby
2. be constructive
4 . relax and meditate
Definition: Culture shock
the anxiety experienced by people in a completely new environment, or not knowing what is appropriate or inappropriate
4 stages of culture shock
3 Causes of culture shock
(1) Treatment of animals
(2) Public punishments or executions.
(3) Open prayer in the workplace.
(4) Physical contact and personal hygiene.
(5) FSF Operational skills and safety standards.
(6) Public restrooms.
(7) Food and drink.
(8) Treatment of troop's children and genders.
What is the difference between translators and interpreters
1. Translators: (word for Word) decipher text written in a foreign language
2. Interpreter: takes what is spoken in one language, and restates it as a culturally accurate phrase, keeping the tone and meaning of what was said
Interpreter categories CAT1:
local nationals and sometimes US citizens, who do NOT have a security clearance
Interpreter categories CAT2:
US citizens with a Secret clearance
Interpreter categories CAT3:
US citizens with a Top Secret clearance
What are some considerations for building rapport with an interpreter???? (not 100% sure)
Starting discussions with the interpreter begins the rapport building process and determines the interpreter's level of proficiency and helps identify potential barriers to mission execution?
what are some considerations when selecting an interpreter?
Native speaker? social status, intelligence, reliability, loyalty, gender, age, race, compatibility
Considerations for physical placement when employing an interpreter.
1.Position the interpreter at the side, or even a step back from the person conducting the engagement
2. When seated, place the interpreter to the side, but not between the two persons meeting
3. Maintain eye contact with the counterpart where culturally appropriate
Sets found in the same folder
The Department of Defense
Force Pro MAC
Sets with similar terms
Organizational Culture (ch16)
MGT 143 Second Midterm Belkin
MGMT Chp 11
Macro OB: Culture
Other sets by this creator
18 November exam O
Other Quizlet sets
His rams spagheetie
NDGP World History Final 2