5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sad/ Anxious emotions
- de- intensification
- a can enhance communication
- putting others at ease
- defuse stress and reinforce intimacy
can be harmful
- demeaning social or cultural groups
- offending or harassing others
- b make things appear that you are feeling less emotion then you really are
- c is the process of convincing people to think or act in a certain way
- d Sadness:
- e the perception that the quality of the relationship is being threatened by a third party
5 Multiple choice questions
- violates expectations
- the knowing and intentional transmission of information to create a false belief in the hearer.
- Language is a structured system of symbols used for communicating meaning.
- people see the world differently because we speak different language.
- the mind and body's reaction to perceived danger.
5 True/False questions
Language is symbolic → is governed by four types of rules
equivocation → the body's multi-dimensional response to any event that enhances or inhibits one's goals
- is different from mood
facial behaviors → the eyes communicate more than any other part of the face
eye contact can connote: honesty, attraction, confidence intimidation
mood → violates expectations
Nonverbal communication often conveys more info than verbal communication → Nonverbal and verbal behaviors often conflict with each other
We usually believe believe the nonverbal cues because we believe they are harder to control