5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- libel and slander
- denotative meaning
- Naming defines and differentiates us
- a are defamatory statements made about others
- b most names suggest demographic characteristics, such as sex, age group, ethnicity.
naming practices vary by culture and evolve over time
we often make judgments about a person's character on the basis of his or her name
- c literal meaning (look up)
- d expression one emotion when you are really feeling another
- e a feeling, often prolonged that has no identifiable cause
5 Multiple choice questions
- the emotion of caring for, feeling attached to, and feeling committed to someone
- words that invoke strong positive or negative connotations.
- leads you to feel that you are better than someone else- the most harmful emotion in an interpersonal relationship
- gestures used to satisfy a need
- Touch conveys at least five forms of meaning:
-power and control
5 True/False questions
Hate speech → 5, 11, 6, 12
Deception → the knowing and intentional transmission of information to create a false belief in the hearer.
influences on emotional experiences → ...
fear: → comprises informal words often understood only by others in a particular group
- Can differentiate in - group and out group members
- can also alienate outsiders
phonological rules → the pronunciation of the word