5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Valence and intensity
- a feeling unhappy, sorrowful, and discouraged
- b a gesture that enhances or clarifies a verbal message
- c are vague, mild expressions symbolizing something more harsh or blunt
- can provide a way to talk about sensitive topics
- can desensitize people to important issues
- d emotions vary in valence and intensity
when emotions become extremely intense, they can become debilitating.
- e is the process of convincing people to think or act in a certain way
5 Multiple choice questions
- Social anxiety:
- distinct emotional experiences not consisting of combinations of other emotions
- the perception that the quality of the relationship is being threatened by a third party
- are defamatory statements made about others
- communication comprises those behaviors and characteristics that convey meaning without words.
5 True/False questions
Intensification → 5, 11, 6, 12
pragmatic rules → definition, implications, or interpretations of statements
emotional intelligence: → whether intentionally or not, we make judgments about others based on their appearance
-the halo effect causes ...........
Language is symbolic → is governed by four types of rules
weasel words → words that intend to mislead the listener by implying something they do not actually say.