5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Central Powers
- Joseph Pulitzer
- Triple Entente
- a The three nations part of the Entente Britain, france, and Russia
- b the group of nations- led by Germany, Austria-Hungary, and the Ottoman Empire- that opposed the allies in the war
- c A belief that national interest should be placed ahead of regional concerns and that foreign policy should be guided by national self interest.
- d Publisher of the New York World, printed exaggerated acounts of Spain's mistreatment towards Cubans
- e The policy of spreading a nations authority over other countries by economic, political, or military means
5 Multiple choice questions
- Prince murdered in Siberia with wife.
- The three nations part of the alliance Germany, Italy, and Austria/Hungary
- Leader of the AEF
- Publisher of the New York Journal and he strongly favored war with Spain over Cuba in 1898 and printed fictitious stories about Spain in Cuba
- The plan for peace proposed by president Widrow Wilson; 1st that there should be no seceret treaties and nations should engage in open agreement with each other; Freedom of Seas should be obtained; tarrifs and other economic barriers should be lowered or abolished to foster free trade; Arms should be reduced to enough to maintain national safety; Colonial policy should consider the intrests of the colonies as well as imperial intrests; The next eight points dealt with national boundries based on Ethnic groups
5 True/False questions
Neutrality → Illegally shipping weapons to other countries
AEF → The American Expeditionary Force used to fight against the Germans in the war.
Zimmerman Note → Note from Germany that was supposedly sent to mexico saying that they should start war with America
League of Nations → An association of nations established in 1920 to promote international cooperation and peace.
War Guilt Clause → a provision in the Treaty of Versailles by which Germany acknowledged that it alone was responsible for WWI