5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Central Powers
- Triple Alliance
- Treaty of Versailles
- Yellow Journalism
- Archduke Ferdinand
- a the group of nations- led by Germany, Austria-Hungary, and the Ottoman Empire- that opposed the allies in the war
- b the use of sensationalized and exaggerated reporting by news papers or magazines to attract readers.
- c Prince murdered in Siberia with wife.
- d The 1919 that ended WWI; Made nine new nations poland, Czechoslovakia, and Yugoslavia; 4 new areas were created out of the Ottoman Empire such as Iraq, Syria, Lebonan, and Palestine; Took out most of Germany's Military; Made Germany to return Alsace-Lorraine to France and pay rearations;
- e The three nations part of the alliance Germany, Italy, and Austria/Hungary
5 Multiple choice questions
- a refusal to take part in a war between other countries
- The plan for peace proposed by president Widrow Wilson; 1st that there should be no seceret treaties and nations should engage in open agreement with each other; Freedom of Seas should be obtained; tarrifs and other economic barriers should be lowered or abolished to foster free trade; Arms should be reduced to enough to maintain national safety; Colonial policy should consider the intrests of the colonies as well as imperial intrests; The next eight points dealt with national boundries based on Ethnic groups
- The American Expeditionary Force used to fight against the Germans in the war.
- Publisher of the New York World, printed exaggerated acounts of Spain's mistreatment towards Cubans
- Leader of the AEF
5 True/False questions
Allied Powers → the group of nations- led by Germany, Austria-Hungary, and the Ottoman Empire- that opposed the allies in the war
Reparations → a refusal to take part in a war between other countries
League of Nations → An association of nations established in 1920 to promote international cooperation and peace.
Propaganda → sways readers to think a certain way, ideas spread to influence public opinion for or against a cause
Sussex Pledge → Pledge that Germany took saying that they would not blow up anymore US passenger ships