Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
BIOL 1322: Chapter 14
Terms in this set (20)
1. The Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) identifies all of the following as dimensions of food security EXCEPT:
2. Which continent has the highest prevalence of severe undernutrition?
3. Nutrition security exists when all of the following conditions but one are met:
Access to food is sufficient for nutrition security.
4. Food insecurity is associated with all of the following EXCEPT:
decreased chronic disease risk.
5. All of the following statements regarding malnutrition are true EXCEPT:
inadequate protein intake is the only cause of malnutrition in developed countries.
6. Which of the following correctly identifies two countries that have a prevalence of obesity in adults that is at or above 30%?
Egypt and Saudi Arabia
7. The U.S. government funds several nutrition assistance programs that provide food to reduce the risk of malnutrition. Which of the following programs is the largest?
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
8. Wasting is an indicator of undernutrition in children and characterized by all of the following EXCEPT:
a low height for age.
9. All of the following statements regarding overnutrition are true EXCEPT:
overnutrition has no adverse health effects.
10. A sustainable food system requires all but one of the following:
rapid climate change
11. Plant-based diets are more sustainable than diets containing higher amounts of animal products for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
utilize the same amount of water.
12. Which food releases the most kg of greenhouse gas emissions per kg of food during production?
13. Consumers can improve the sustainability of their diets in all of the following ways EXCEPT:
purchase food from out of state.
14. A variety of factors contributing to water shortages include all but one:
greenhouse gas emissions
15. The production of which food item would be most affected by prolonged water scarcity?
fruits and vegetables
16. Common genetically modified foods sold in the United States include all but one:
17. Which of the following statements about genetically modified (GM) foods is FALSE:
The FDA requires food manufacturers to state the genetically modified ingredient(s) content on food labels.
The potential benefits of genetically modified foods include all but one of the following:
increased susceptibility to some pests
19. A frozen Alfredo pasta dinner displaying the USDA Organic seal on its label indicates which of the following:
No artificial fertilizers were used to grow the wheat or other ingredients in the product.
20. All of the following statements concerning the various approaches of food production are true EXCEPT:
organic foods are less often contaminated with pathogens than standard foods.
Sets found in the same folder
BIOL 1322: Chapter 13
BIOL 1322: Chapter 10
CH 12 NUTRITION AND FITNESS
BIOL 1322: Metabolism
Sets with similar terms
Foods & Nutrition Midterm
Nutrition and Diet therapy Chapter 13
Other sets by this creator
ECON 2302: CH. 9 QUIZ
BUSI 1301: CH. 1 Concepts
ECON 2302: CH. 9 Study Guide
ECON 2302: CH. 8 QUIZ
Other Quizlet sets
Iggy Chapter 31: Care of Patients with Infectious…
ELA History of English
World History ch.27 quiz
MICRO 22: lecture 10