5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Qing Empire
- Ming Dynasty
- Hong Xiuquan/Hung Hsiu-chuan
- Tributary System
- a The second largest city in Pakistan
- b Leader of the Taiping Rebellion. He belonged to the Hakka Minority.
- c How the Qing Gov dealt with non-chinese. showed China to be superior
Kowtow: bowing, showing respect.
- d Qing: 1644 - 1911
- e Ming: 1368- 1644
5 Multiple choice questions
- in 1842 there were 5 treaty ports
Shanghai was one of them, between 1845-1858 trade increased
in 1820 to 1830 more than 7 million more taels of silver left china
The silver to copper ratios were horrible
- Treaty with US, more ports open including Yokohama, for a total of 6, and allowed for US citizens to live in Japan and created a fixed trading system
- The chinese majority that the Manchu during the Qing ruled over.
- Hindu and Muslim Soliders during the 1857 rebellion against Britain.
- This is what Hong Xiuguan, the Taiping leader thinks he is. He fell into 40 days of unconsciousness where he had visions of God and his son.
5 True/False questions
Macau → First and last foreign colony in China that was first settled by the Portuguese and overseen by them, used for trading and other business.
Mumbai (bombay) → Huge city in India, visited by Captain Cook
Taiping Rebellion → Started in 1857 when muslims and Hindus in the Britain army became aware of the use of pork fat in arms, forcing them to go against their religion. The Sepoy sacked Delhi and ended the Mughal Empire
Shuufeld Treaty → 1882, China forces Korea to open ports to everyone. This causes many Korean rebellions and other powers take full advantage before the Sino-Japanese war.
Extra Territoriality → 1882, China forces Korea to open ports to everyone. This causes many Korean rebellions and other powers take full advantage before the Sino-Japanese war.