5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3 Japanese Leaders
- Ming Dynasty
- Shuufeld Treaty
- Zheng He
- a 1882, China forces Korea to open ports to everyone. This causes many Korean rebellions and other powers take full advantage before the Sino-Japanese war.
- b Ming: 1368- 1644
- c 7 voyages of technology, he had fleets contained 25000 people in very big vessels.
- d Ieyasu Tokugawa: Took control 1600-1616, his shogunate lasted until 1850
Toyotomi Hideoshi: Took control in 1586, died 1598
Oda Nobunaga: In 1572 began to unify the country, died in 1582
- e Trading port called Deshima traded with China, Philippines and America, but in the beginning only the Dutch
5 Multiple choice questions
- Also known Hongwu Emperor, he started the Ming Dynasty after claiming to have the Mandate of Heaven. He was a part of the Red Turbans and lead peasant uprising to defeat Mongols.
- Ruled until 1857 when the Sepoy mutiny began. He was the last mugal empire, not a good ruler.
- Aficionado of antiquities or things of the past, collecting relics, deliberately growing inward and becoming cut off.
- Closed itself off 1616-1630
Economy didn't grow much, stayed feudal.
- 1894, China lost to Japan. Fought in Korea since it was a tributary state of China's
5 True/False questions
British occupation of India → Britain transported Opium to China from india. They influenced India, Burma, Hongkong and Pakistan.
Treaty of Nanjing → In 1840, Treaty of Nanjing gave Hong Kong to Britain and broke up China's restrictions on foreign trade by opening new treaty ports. It also exempted foreigners from Chinese law and gave Britain any privileges that any other European nation might gain in the future.
Mughal Empire → Qing: 1644 - 1911
Great Enterprise → Forming your own dynasty or empire. Removing local authority, freeing prisoners and trashing gov buildings.
Japanese Treaties → 1882, China forces Korea to open ports to everyone. This causes many Korean rebellions and other powers take full advantage before the Sino-Japanese war.