5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Taiping Rebellion
- Problems with the Shogunate
- Millenarian-ism groups
- a On Jan 11, 1851, there was a formal declaration of revolution. It lasted for 14 years and involved the Hakka
- b They rise out of sense of uncertainty.
Examples: dervishes, sufi dancers (islamic), white lotus, red turbans
- c Heilongjiang River, Liaohe River, Sungari River, Hanjiang River, Yangtze River, Yellow River, Nujiang River, Brahmaputra River, Lancang River, Pearl River
- d The second largest city in Pakistan
- e Japanese Gov is overspending, people losing faith. People did not like dealing with foreign powers.
-He did not consult the emperor on his decision, disrespected the symbolism. 1866 Shogun dies and Keiki who takes over gives power to the emperor
5 Multiple choice questions
- Also known Hongwu Emperor, he started the Ming Dynasty after claiming to have the Mandate of Heaven. He was a part of the Red Turbans and lead peasant uprising to defeat Mongols.
- Jan 11, 1851.
- China is a meritocracy, people of power got their positions by buying test results. Wealthy put their sons in power. Bureaucratic responsibilities weren't being met.
- When an international nation is exempt from local law. Examples of this are France in Vietnam, and US in Japan.
- 1850, Qing paid little attention
Taipings grew their hair long to show rebellion
in 1853 captured the southern capital
1856: Nanjing purge, taipings started killing each other to be rid of successors
5 True/False questions
Battle of Plassey → Respect for parents and people
Gold Rush → Heilongjiang River, Liaohe River, Sungari River, Hanjiang River, Yangtze River, Yellow River, Nujiang River, Brahmaputra River, Lancang River, Pearl River
Burlingame Treaty → Respect for parents and people
Meiji improvement → Japan sent people all over to become educated.
Japanese brought alot of arms and weapons
Adopted the German Parliament: Diet system
Kanghwa Treaty → After Japanese missions in 1868, 1875 and 1876 fail, in 1876 Japan sends in warships to Inchon to force this treaty