5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3 Rivers in China
- France in the 17th century
- Qing Dynasty Emperors
- Religion in Japan
- a Kangxi 1661-1722, big emperor who ruled when Louis the 14th did. He brought peace
Yongzheng: Kangxi's son, 1722-1735 his son is
Qianlong: 1735-1796, he created filial piety and gave up his powers so not to rule longer than his grandfather.
Jiaquing: ruled 1796-1820
Daognong: ruled 1820- 1850 during the opium war.
- b Huanghe: Yellow River
Changjiang: Yangtze, literally means long
Heilongjiang: Black Dragon River
- c Neo Confucianism
- d Trading port called Deshima traded with China, Philippines and America, but in the beginning only the Dutch
- e 8.7% of the world was controlled by france. Took over parts of Vietnam. In 1844, they signed the Whampoa treaty with China to rent houses, shops, build churches, hospitals and schools.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Heilongjiang River, Liaohe River, Sungari River, Hanjiang River, Yangtze River, Yellow River, Nujiang River, Brahmaputra River, Lancang River, Pearl River
- Forming your own dynasty or empire. Removing local authority, freeing prisoners and trashing gov buildings.
- In Shanghai the english and french didn't want to let them in out of fear of being killed. and formed the "Ever-Victorious" army with American Frederick Ward as the leader.
- Ieyasu Tokugawa: Took control 1600-1616, his shogunate lasted until 1850
Toyotomi Hideoshi: Took control in 1586, died 1598
Oda Nobunaga: In 1572 began to unify the country, died in 1582
- Rulers of India who starved and got owned by the British
5 True/False questions
Millenarian-ism groups → President during the time of the end of the Tokugawa, sent Commodore Perry to Japan.
Zheng He → 7 voyages of technology, he had fleets contained 25000 people in very big vessels.
Filial Piety → The area where the British fought the Indians and French 4400 to 50,000 and won.
Second Opium War → Began in 1856
Taiping Rebellion → Formed due to corrupt gov officials and floods. 20-100 million people were killed. Disease and scorched earth policy helped the death count. It applied millenarian-ism and helped for woman's rights and people gained a sense of nationalism. Gained a 10,000 people local army