5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Stalingrad
- Operation Barbarossa
- a This is the first step Hitler took towards gaining power. This was in direct violation of the Treaty of Versailles
- b Technology RAF used to defeat German Luftwaffe
- c codename for Nazi Germany's invasion of the Soviet Union during World War II.
- d Unsuccessful German attack during World War II from 1942 to 1943, that was the furthest extent of German advance into the Soviet Union.
- e "Lighting war", typed of fast-moving warfare used by German forces against Poland n 1939
5 Multiple choice questions
- Hitler and Stalin agreed that Germany and Russia would not attack each other. They also agreed to trade goods and that Germany would invade Poland and spilt it with Russia
- replaced Neville chamberlain as prime minister.
- To give in to demands in order to avoid conflict
- The Desert Fox. Commander of the Axis forces in North Africa.
- famous american general who fought in north africa and europe during WWII
5 True/False questions
Bernard Law Montgomery → British general who won at El Alamein.
Rhineland → name of the territory in which Hitler sent troops into in defiance of the Versailles treaty in 1935.
Neville Chamberlain → British statesman who as Prime Minister pursued a policy of appeasement toward fascist Germany (1869-1940)
Pearl Harbor → United States military base on Hawaii that was bombed by Japan, bringing the United States into World War II.
Douglas MacArthur → Army Chief of Staff during WWII; Sec. of State under Truman; Only professional soldier to receive the Nobel Peace Prize