Upgrade to remove ads
MODULE 14 / 15 - GROUP AND TEAM COHESION / GROUP DYNAMICS
Terms in this set (23)
identify three things about team cohesion
· know your role
· accept your role
· play your role
according to Festinger, Schacter, and Back what is cohesion?
the total field of forces which act on members to remain in the group
in team cohesion, what are two distinct forces that act on members in a group?
· attractiveness of the group
· means control
in team cohesion, define attractiveness of the group.
· the individual's desire for interpersonal interaction with other group members
· the individual's desire to be involved in the group's activities
in team cohesion, define means control.
· benefits that a member can derive from being associated with the group
what are the underscores that notion cohesion?
what is Carron's Conceptual Model of Cohesion?
· antecedents and factors that affect the development in sport and exercise settings
in Carron's Conceptual Model of Cohesion, what is TASK cohesion?
· reflects the degree to which members of the group or team work together to reach a common goal
in Carron's Conceptual Model of Cohesion, what is SOCIAL cohesion?
· reflects the degree to which members of the group or team like each other and enjoy on another's company
in Carron's Conceptual Model of Cohesion, define the environmental factors.
· consist of normative factors that hold a group together, like scholarships.
· size of the group
· level of competition
in Carron's Conceptual Model of Cohesion, define the personal factors.
· refer to the individual characteristics of the group
· has three categories
· focuses on individual's satisfaction and motive in staying
identify the three categories from the personal factors of Carron's Conceptual Model of Cohesion.
· demographics like member similarity
· cognitions and motives, like attribution to failure or success
· behavior like social loafing
in Carron's Conceptual Model of Cohesion, define the leadership factors.
· includes the leadership style, behavior exhibited, and the relationship established
· compatibility between the leader and group will enhance cohesion
in Carron's Conceptual Model of Cohesion, define the team factors.
· refer to group task characteristics, productivity, desire for success, roles, positions and stability
· collective efficacy shows possible perceptions of team cohesion
what is collective efficacy?
· a group's shared belief in its abilities to organize and execute a course of action that will produce a certain level of attainment
what are group environment questionnaires? (CEQ)
· MOST used questionnaire for cohesion resource
· distinguishes the individual and the group between tasks and social concerns
what are the categories for a CEQ?
· member's perception of the group as a totality
· member's personal attraction to the group
what is a sociogram?
· tool to measure social cohesion
· differentiates affiliation and attraction between group members
what is a task demand?
· the interactions between team members along a continuum from interactive to coactive
· needs to include people
· can be done on your own
true or false, cohesiveness is not related to better performance in both coactive and interactive sports?
· false. it does increase performance
which task demands has higher levels of cohesiveness?
· interactive sports
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
PED 3480- Chapter 8 Group Cohesion
Chapter 8: Group Cohesion
Chapter 8- Vocabulary (Group Cohesion)
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
KIN 3305 - EXAM 2
module 14/15 - group and team cohesion
module 13 - burnout and overtraining
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
RELI 4307 (Gospels) Exam 2
Bio Chapter 2
Science 6 - Ch 2 weathering and erosion
History Midterm Identifications