5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- name the six types of simple machines and their uses
- fixed pulley
- a a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
- b simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
- c anything that makes work easier
- d inclined plane, lever, wedge, screw, pulley, & wheel and axle
- e is a pulley that stays in place as the load moves
5 Multiple choice questions
- a simple machine, a bar resting on a point
- the object being lifted or moved by a simple machine(what you need to lift)
- They are easier to hold.
- a slanted surface which is sometimes called a ramp
- It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
5 True/False questions
How is friction problematic? → Too much friction makes heavy objects hard to move. Friction can cause things to wear away. For example, the soles of your shoes can wear away if you run/walk alot.
What two things do you need to do work? → force and motion
movable pulley → is a pulley that moves with the load
Force → A push or pull
pulley → the turning point of the lever