5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why are things with large handles easier to use?
- movable pulley
- What two things do you need to do work?
- name the six types of simple machines and their uses
- a a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
- b inclined plane, lever, wedge, screw, pulley, & wheel and axle
- c is a pulley that moves with the load
- d force and motion
- e They are easier to hold.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A simple machine that is a wheel that turns on a rod(axle)
- Too much friction makes heavy objects hard to move. Friction can cause things to wear away. For example, the soles of your shoes can wear away if you run/walk alot.
- the object being lifted or moved by a simple machine(what you need to lift)
- is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object
- simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
5 True/False questions
Force → A push or pull
inclined plane → a slanted surface which is sometimes called a ramp
pulley → a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
How is friction helpful? → It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
spring scale → a slanted surface which is sometimes called a ramp