5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why would someone go up a curved path rather than a straight steep path?
- fixed pulley
- How is friction helpful?
- a It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
- b simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
- c It would take more effort and energy to go up a steep path than to walk side to side on a curved path.
- d anything that makes work easier
- e is a pulley that stays in place as the load moves
5 Multiple choice questions
- inclined plane, lever, wedge, screw, pulley, & wheel and axle
- a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
- They are easier to hold.
- Too much friction makes heavy objects hard to move. Friction can cause things to wear away. For example, the soles of your shoes can wear away if you run/walk alot.
- a force caused when one object rubs against another
5 True/False questions
fulcrum → a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
inclined plane → is a pulley that stays in place as the load moves
load → the object being lifted or moved by a simple machine(what you need to lift)
movable pulley → is a pulley that stays in place as the load moves
work → is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object