5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- spring scale
- fixed pulley
- Why are things with large handles easier to use?
- a They are easier to hold.
- b is a pulley that stays in place as the load moves
- c a force caused when one object rubs against another
- d a tool used to measure force or weight
- e is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object
5 Multiple choice questions
- It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
- Too much friction makes heavy objects hard to move. Friction can cause things to wear away. For example, the soles of your shoes can wear away if you run/walk alot.
- A push or pull
- the object being lifted or moved by a simple machine(what you need to lift)
- the turning point of the lever
5 True/False questions
wheel and axle → simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
movable pulley → is a pulley that stays in place as the load moves
screw → a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
name the six types of simple machines and their uses → They are easier to hold.
inclined plane → a slanted surface which is sometimes called a ramp