5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fixed pulley
- What two things do you need to do work?
- How is friction helpful?
- parts of a lever
- a force and motion
- b It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
- c is a pulley that stays in place as the load moves
- d a simple machine, a bar resting on a point
- e load, lever, force, fulcrum
5 Multiple choice questions
- a force caused when one object rubs against another
- simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
- It would take more effort and energy to go up a steep path than to walk side to side on a curved path.
- the turning point of the lever
- a tool used to measure force or weight
5 True/False questions
wheel and axle → simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
screw → a simple machine, a bar resting on a point
How is friction problematic? → Too much friction makes heavy objects hard to move. Friction can cause things to wear away. For example, the soles of your shoes can wear away if you run/walk alot.
Why are things with large handles easier to use? → They are easier to hold.
name the six types of simple machines and their uses → They are easier to hold.