5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How is friction problematic?
- spring scale
- fixed pulley
- movable pulley
- a a tool used to measure force or weight
- b Too much friction makes heavy objects hard to move. Friction can cause things to wear away. For example, the soles of your shoes can wear away if you run/walk alot.
- c is a pulley that stays in place as the load moves
- d a force caused when one object rubs against another
- e is a pulley that moves with the load
5 Multiple choice questions
- force and motion
- inclined plane, lever, wedge, screw, pulley, & wheel and axle
- a slanted surface which is sometimes called a ramp
- anything that makes work easier
- It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
5 True/False questions
parts of a lever → load, lever, force, fulcrum
Force → is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object
Why are things with large handles easier to use? → force and motion
work → the object being lifted or moved by a simple machine(what you need to lift)
fulcrum → A push or pull