5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- movable pulley
- What two things do you need to do work?
- a the object being lifted or moved by a simple machine(what you need to lift)
- b force and motion
- c is a pulley that moves with the load
- d is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object
- e the turning point of the lever
5 Multiple choice questions
- Too much friction makes heavy objects hard to move. Friction can cause things to wear away. For example, the soles of your shoes can wear away if you run/walk alot.
- simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
- a simple machine that is a wheel with a rope moving around it
- anything that makes work easier
- a slanted surface which is sometimes called a ramp
5 True/False questions
fixed pulley → a simple machine that is a wheel with a rope moving around it
wheel and axle → simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
Why are things with large handles easier to use? → They are easier to hold.
Force → A push or pull
spring scale → a tool used to measure force or weight