5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why are things with large handles easier to use?
- inclined plane
- name the six types of simple machines and their uses
- fixed pulley
- a is a pulley that stays in place as the load moves
- b the object being lifted or moved by a simple machine(what you need to lift)
- c a slanted surface which is sometimes called a ramp
- d They are easier to hold.
- e inclined plane, lever, wedge, screw, pulley, & wheel and axle
5 Multiple choice questions
- It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
- It would take more effort and energy to go up a steep path than to walk side to side on a curved path.
- a simple machine, a bar resting on a point
- A push or pull
- a tool used to measure force or weight
5 True/False questions
friction → a force caused when one object rubs against another
parts of a lever → a simple machine, a bar resting on a point
How is friction problematic? → Too much friction makes heavy objects hard to move. Friction can cause things to wear away. For example, the soles of your shoes can wear away if you run/walk alot.
fulcrum → a simple machine that is a wheel with a rope moving around it
machine → simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge