5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- inclined plane
- How is friction helpful?
- How is friction problematic?
- a a slanted surface which is sometimes called a ramp
- b a simple machine, a winding inclined plane
- c It can prevent slipping on a smooth surface, used to brake(stop), a bike, and can be used to start a fire.
- d Too much friction makes heavy objects hard to move. Friction can cause things to wear away. For example, the soles of your shoes can wear away if you run/walk alot.
- e a simple machine that is a wheel with a rope moving around it
5 Multiple choice questions
- is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object
- is a pulley that stays in place as the load moves
- simple machine that is two inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge
- a tool used to measure force or weight
- load, lever, force, fulcrum
5 True/False questions
fulcrum → the turning point of the lever
machine → anything that makes work easier
Force → is force and motion, work only gets done when a force is used to move an object
Why are things with large handles easier to use? → force and motion
lever → the object being lifted or moved by a simple machine(what you need to lift)