Upgrade to remove ads
Fundamentals of Geography (8th)
Terms in this set (21)
The study of the world, its people and the landscapes they create
The science of making maps
The study of the world's geography physical geographic features- its landforms, bodies of water, climates soils, and plants
a general description of were a place is located; often expressed in relation with something else
a flat drawing that shows all or part of the Earth's surface
A spherical or ball-shaped model of the entire planet
A technology System that transmits informations from satellite to Earth, giving the exact location on a given object.
Global Positioning System (GPS)
A technology system that combines geographic information from many different sources
GIS (geographic information system)
Distance north or south of the equator
An imaginary circle that circles the world halfway between the North Pole and the South Pole
Distance east or west of the prime meridian
An imaginary lines that circles the globe and breaks it into and eastern and western half
Half of the globe, divided by lines of latitude and longitude; Earth's Hemispheres are the Northern Hemisphere, Southern, Western and Eastern
The scientific study of human society and social relationships.
- Where is it on the map?
- Use cardinal directions to describe ( north, south, east, west)
- NE, NW, SE, SW
- Lines of latitude and longitude
- How do people, goods, and ideas get around?
- Transportation (bus, train, bike, car, walk, airplane, etc)
- Ports (shipping, airports)
- Goods (imports, exports)
- Email, telephone, text message, television, radio, postal services, Internet...
- How do people adapt to, change or depend of the environment?
- natural events, disasters
- reservoirs, bridges, tunnels, irrigation..
- pollution, deforestation, recycling...
- What is it like there?
- landforms, bodies of water, climate, animal, plantlife, naturals resources, ethnic groups, languages, religion, food, music, art, customs, holidays
What areas have common characteristics?
- History, government, political information, tourism, economy
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Mythology English Quiz/Test
Government Civil Rights and Liberties
La Casa Vocabulario
Government Semester Exam
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
Driver Training NH Test Manual pages 1-9 out of 111
The role of media...