1. carved gem with a design higher and of different color than its background
2. brief role, usually limited to a single scene, by a prominent actor or actress
3. brief passage of exceptionally fine writing
one of the chief divisions of a long poem
1. distribution and treatment of light and shade in painting or sketching
2. painting or drawing that uses only light and shade
1. rounded roof; dome
2. small dome or tower on a roof
1. art of painting with watercolors on damp fresh plaster
2. picture or design so painted
design engraved by making cuts in a surface
enameled Italian pottery richly decorated in colors
intermediate story in a theater between the main floor and the first balcony
picture engraved on copper or steel by polishing or scraping away parts of a roughened surgace
film or incrustation, usually green, on the surface of old bronze or copper
roof supported by columns, forming a porch or a covered walk
2. theater district of a town
1. round building, especially one with a dome or cupola
2. large round room
plaster for covering exterior walls of buildings
method of painting in which the colors are mixed with white of egg or other substances, instead of oil
1. kinda of hard, brownish-red earthenware, used for vases, statuettes, ect.
2. dull brownish-red color
1. trunk or body of a status without head, arms or legs
2. human trunk
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.