Create an account
1. carved gem with a design higher and of different color than its background
2. brief role, usually limited to a single scene, by a prominent actor or actress
3. brief passage of exceptionally fine writing
1. distribution and treatment of light and shade in painting or sketching
2. painting or drawing that uses only light and shade
picture engraved on copper or steel by polishing or scraping away parts of a roughened surgace
method of painting in which the colors are mixed with white of egg or other substances, instead of oil
1. kinda of hard, brownish-red earthenware, used for vases, statuettes, ect.
2. dull brownish-red color
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together