5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ______ is a word for the small pouches of the colon
- trypsin converts ________ to elastase, which continues protein digestion
- What are premolars and molars?
- When are the sphincters closed?
- the ________ canal is the digestive tract from the mouth through the anus
- a alimentary
- b haustrum
- c Except during defecation.
- d Have broad crowns with rounded tips; best suited for grinding or crushing.
- e proelastase
5 Multiple choice questions
- Third molars.
- Diffused into the intestinal cells where they combine with proteins and extrude chylomicrons (water soluble lipoproteins). Enter lacteals and are tranposrted to system circulars via lymph.
5 True/False questions
How are vitamins absorbed in the large intestine? → A, D, E, and K are carried by micelles and then diffused into absorptive cells.
______ is ______ soluble, and is necessary for glucose metabolism → gallbladder
________ ______ goes from the transverse colon to the descending colon → glycogenolysis
vitamin ___ is _____ soluble and is necessary for clotting factors → biotin, water
the ________ stores and concentrates bile → hepato