Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (40)
When an advanced airway is in place, ventilations are delivered every ... seconds (... per minute) without pausing for compressions.
If the O2 saturation is >...%, oxygen is not indicated
When the problem is ..., open the airway and assist with ventilation
Ventilations: ... : ... ratio
1 breath every 5-6 seconds
Exhaled CO2 should be > ... mm Hg during resuscitation efforts
With ROSC, exhaled CO2 should be ... mm Hg
35 - 40
Rate of at least .../minute; depth of at least ... inches
What are the signs and symptoms of a stroke?
- Sudden weakness or numbness of the face, arms, or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion
- Trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking
- Dizziness or loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
Accounts for 87% of all strokes and is usually caused by an occlusion of an artery to a region of the brain.
Accounts for 13% of all strokes and occurs when a blood vessel in the brain suddenly ruptures into the surrounding tissue .
A ... refers to any focal neurologic deficit that resolves spontaneously and completely within 1 hour.
transient ischemic attack (TIA)
Fibrinolytic treatment must be provided within ... hours of the onset of symptoms.
3 - 4.5 hrs
Contraindication for Fibrinolytic therapy include:
-Elevated blood pressure: SBP>185mm Hg,
DBP >110mm Hg
- Witnessed seizure at the time of stroke onset
- Internal bleeding or trauma
- Within 3 months surgery, head trauma or previous stroke
- Arterial puncture at a noncompressible site within the last 7 days
- Blood glucose concentration <50mg/dl
- CT demonstrates an infarction
- Tightness or discomfort, not sharp pain
- Symptom of Coronary Artery Disease
- Usually caused by an obstructing or disrupted coronary plaque.
- Predictably produced by exertion or emotion
- Plaque allows enough blood flow at rest but not with exertion or stress
Sets with similar terms
#1 Cardio (UWorld Step 3)
Chapter 28- medsurg exam 3
NUR 408 Exam 1
Sets found in the same folder
Other sets by this creator
Surfer Joe's Pizza
Surfer Joe's Sandwiches
Other Quizlet sets
TXMI3500 Final, TEXTILES - EXAM 1 (1-5)…
Chemistry Midterm Study Guide
Chem 1.1 The Science of Chemistry
Engage Fundamentals RN ATI: Scope and Standards of…