Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (3)
Case 10 (breath, loud, pitch, memory, prag)
LTG 1: John will increase his breath support to improve his overall intelligibility.
- STG 1.1 John will increase his maximum phonation time to 30 seconds at 90 dB in sustained vowels with 80% accuracy.
- STG 1.2. The client will complete breath watch exercises for 5 minutes, 2 times a day with 90% accuracy per self-report.
LTG 2: The client will increase overall loudness in order to increase his participation in the community and in daily life
- STG 2.1 The client will increase his loudness in functional phrases to 85 dB with 80% accuracy.
- STG 2.2 The client will increase his loudness in conversation to 80 dB with 80% accuracy.
- STG 2.3 The client will increase his loudness in conversation to 75 dB while talking in background noise with 80% accuracy across 3 sessions.
LTG 3: The client will increase pitch range in order to increase his participation in the community and in daily life
- STG 3.1 The client will increase his pitch range in sustained vowels to (20 Hz to 675 Hz).
(Inproved vocal characteristics (make first goal 85 dB)
LTG 4: John will independently use communication repair strategies (e.g., restate what he said, increase volume, use slow rate, stress multisyllabic words, use precise articulation) when not understood by a frequent communication partner in an observed conversation in 3 out of 4 opportunities.
- STG 4a: John will independently restate what he said with increased volume when not understood by a frequent communication partner in an observed conversation in 3 out of 4 opportunities.
LTG 5: John will maintain a topic of conversation of the clinician's choice with a frequent communication partner for at least 7 conversational turns in 8 out of 10 opportunities.
- STG 5a: John will maintain a topic of conversation of the clinician's choice with a frequent communication partner for at least 3 conversational turns in 8 out of 10 opportunities.
LTG 6: John will consistently utilize compensatory strategies to improve his memory for functional and conversational purposes.
- STG 6a: John will demonstrate full understanding of memory book use and purpose with 90% accuracy across 3 consecutive sessions.
- (after) STG 6b: John will use a memory book to respond to questions about routine events or information independently with 80% accuracy across 3 consecutive sessions.
**the memory aid can also be used to improve orientation deficits (i.e. recalling routine events)
Case 9 (auditory comprehension and swallowing)
LTG 2: C.A. will improve auditory comprehension skills to a functional level for independence in the community with 80% accuracy within 3 months
STG 1b: C.A. Will accurately respond to yes/no questions in response to pictures in 8 out of 10 trails in 3 consecutive sessions.
STG 2b: C.A. will independently demonstrate understanding of effective communication environment (i.e. reducing environmental distractions) in 8 out of 10 opportunities across 3 consecutive sessions.
LTG 2: C.A. will tolerate least restrictive diet without overt clinical signs or symptoms of aspiration. (in this case, mechanical soft bolus)
STG 2a C.A. will demonstrate a strong effortful swallow by demonstrating supraglottic swallows without overt clinical signs or symptoms of aspiration in 9/10 trials across 3 consecutive sessions.
STG 2b: C.A. will utilize aspiration precautions (i.e. single sips, no straws, sitting upright at 90 degrees, taking small bites, and slowing rate of PO intake to reduce risk of aspiration/penetration) in 9/10 trials across 3 consecutive sessions.
Case 8 (expressive, receptive, AR)
LTG 1: Client will improve expressive language to a more functional level to effectively communicate wants and needs.
STG 1a: Lucas will independently express wants and needs by verbally choosing a break time activity from a field of two options.
STG 1b: Lucas will answer yes/no questions about pictures from a familiar book with 80% accuracy across 3 consecutive sessions
(eventually move on to WH questions)
Skill: Receptive Language
LTG2: The client will increase receptive language to a more functional level.
STG 2a: TCW independently identify familiar objects (i.e. household objects) when verbally stated by the clinician with 80% accuracy across 3 consecutive sessions.
STG 2b: TCW independently identify pictures from a familiar book when verbally described with 80% accuracy across 3 consecutive sessions.
STG 2c. The client will identify body parts when named by the clinician in 80% of trials independently.
LTG 3: Client's frequent communication partners (i.e. parents and siblings) will demonstrate full understanding in implementation of home aural rehabilitation protocol (effective communication strategies) with 100% participation after 3 consecutice treatment sessions.
STG 3a: Client's parents or frequent communication partner will utilize at least 3 effective communication strategies (indirect language stimulation, reducing interruptions, Observe, Wait, and Listen) during a 10 minute parent-child interaction with 80% accuracy across 3 consecutive sessions.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Case 7 (Language/Voice
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
odds and ends