5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bench trial
- Summary jury trials
- Dissenting opinion
- Actus rea
- a Bad act.
- b The opinion of a jury on a question of fact.
- c An opinion that disagrees with the majority's decision and its reasoning.
- d A nonbinding process in which attorneys for both sides present synopses of their cases to a jury, which renders an advisory opinion on the basis of these presentations.
- e A trial conducted without a jury.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When an appellate court overturns or negates the decision of a lower court.
- to perform
- Questions relating to the interpretation or application of the law.
- The standard of proof used in some civil trials. The evidence presented must be greater than a preponderance of the evidence but less than beyond a reasonable doubt.
- A warrant that allows the police to enter without announcing their presence in advance.
5 True/False questions
Notice → Being informed of some act done or about to be done.
Damages → Monetary compensation, including compensatory, punitive, and nominal damages.
Probable cause → Not susceptible to a precise definition; a belief based on specific facts that a crime has been or is about to be committed; more than reasonable suspicion.
Intentional tort → A tort committed by one who intends to do the act that creates the harm.
Administrative law → An activity that requires professional judgment, or the educated ability to relate law to a specific legal problem.