5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Reprimand or censure
- Prima facie case
- 9th Circuit
- a Which circuit are we in within the appeals court?
- b A public or private statement that an attorney's conduct violated the code of ethics.
- c to perform
- d A defense requiring proof that force or a threat of force was used to cause a person to commit a criminal act.
- e What the prosecution or plaintiff must be able to prove in order for the case to go to the jury-that is, the elements of the prosecution's case or the plaintiff's cause of action.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Powers not stated in the Constitution but that are necessary for Congress to carry out other, expressly granted powers.
- The process after arrest that includes taking the defendant's personal information, giving the defendant an opportunity to read and sign a Miranda card, and allowing the defendant the opportunity to use a telephone.
- The status of being formally recognized by a nongovernmental organization for having met special criteria, such as fulfilling educational requirements and passing an exam, established by that organization.
- A defendant's plea meaning that the defendant neither admits nor denies the charges.
- The papers that begin a lawsuit-generally, the complaint and the answer.
5 True/False questions
Statute → to perform
Punitive damages → Money awarded to a plaintiff in cases of intentional torts in order to punish the defendant and serve as a warning to others.
Nominal damages → A token sum awarded when liability has been found but monetary damages cannot be shown.
Service → The delivery of a pleading or other paper in a lawsuit to the opposing party.
Remand → Monetary compensation, including compensatory, punitive, and nominal damages.