5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Trial courts
- Professional judgment
- Direct examination
- Clearly erroneous
- a A determination that an attorney may not practice law for a set period of time.
- b The questioning of your own witness.
- c Courts that determine the facts and apply the law to the facts.
- d Standard used by appellate courts when reviewing a trail court's findings of fact.
- e The educated ability to apply law to specific facts.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Money is awared to a plaintiff in payment for his or her actual losses.
- The status of being formally recognized by a nongovernmental organization for having met special criteria, such as fulfilling educational requirements and passing an exam, established by that organization.
- A request that the court prohibit the use of certain evidence at the trial.
- A national paralegal association.
- The justified use of force to protect oneself or others.
5 True/False questions
International Paralegal Management Association (IPMA) www.paralegal management.org → The defense's request that the court find the prosecution failed to meet its burden and that it remove the case from the jury by finding the defendant not guilty.
Mistrial → A request made to the court.
Arraignment → A criminal proceeding at which the court informs the defendant of the charges being brought against him or her and the defendant enters a plea.
Partnership → A business run by two or more persons as co-owners.
12(b)(6) motion → A request that the court find the plaintiff has failed to state a valid claim and dismiss the complaint.