5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Common pathway
- a extrinsic and intrinsic pathways converge. Prothrombinase-> prothrombi-> thrombin which converts fibrinogen to insoluble protein fibrin forming a fibrous network of the clot
- b overabundance of red blood cells
- c percentage of total blood volume composed of red blood cells. Normocytes are normal sized, microcytes are smaller than normal, macrocytes are larger than normal
- d deficiency of hemoglobin the blood, results from decrease in RBC, decrease in hemoglobin in each RBC or both.
- e liquid portion (plasma) after blood has been allowed to clot because it no longer has clotting factors (platelets)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Develop into basophils, neutrophils, eosinophils
- AB negative
- Transport of gases by hemoglobin bound to carbon monoxide. At the same time hemoglobin binds to oxygen, (one O2 per heme group), nitric oxide produced by endothelial cells lining the blood vessels is also bound to the amino acid cysteine contained within the beta globin. When hemoglobin releases oxygen to the tissues nitric oxide is released as well which causes the relaxation of smooth muscle in the walls of blood vessels thus decreasing blood pressure.
- Transport of gases by oxygenated hemoglobin. 98.5% of the oxygen carried to various tissues of the body is carried by hemoglobin. The remaining 1.5% is dissolved in the fluid portion of blood. Fetal hemoglobin has a greater affinity for oxygen than adult hemoglobin.
- Process of blood cell production
5 True/False questions
Erythrocytes → Red Blood Cells. Biconcave, anucleate. Made up of Hemoglobin, lipids, ATP, and carbonic anhydrase. Transport oxygen from lungs to tissues and carbon dioxide from tissues to lungs
Differential white blood cell count → percentage of each of the five kinds of white blood cells in the WBC.
Transport of Carbon Dioxide → TRANSPORTS gases, nutrients, waste products, processed and regulatory molecules. REGULATES pH and osmosis. MAINTAINS body temp, PROTECTS against foreign substances. Clot formation.
Deoxyhemoglobin → Transport of gases by hemoglobin without oxygen.
Vascular spasm → Develop into monocytes