5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hematopoiesis or hemopoiesis
- Least common blood type in the US
- Intrinsic pathway
- a Process of blood cell production
- b 4% Responsible for formation of blood clots. (also platelets)
- c begins with chemicals that are inside the blood beginning common pathway
- d AB negative
- e Develop into lymphocytes
5 Multiple choice questions
- introduction of a fluid other than blood, a saline or glucose solution, into the blood
- red blood count, hemoglobin and hematocrit measurements, white blood count, and differential white blood coint
- 250,000-400,000 platelets per microliter of blood. Thombocytopenia is a condition where platelet count is greatly reduced resulting in chronic bleeding
- percentage of each of the five kinds of white blood cells in the WBC.
- Plasma=liquid portion, 55% of blood. Formed elements with white blood cells at the top, 45% of blood.
5 True/False questions
Anemia → deficiency of hemoglobin the blood, results from decrease in RBC, decrease in hemoglobin in each RBC or both.
Erythrocytes → Red Blood Cells. Biconcave, anucleate. Made up of Hemoglobin, lipids, ATP, and carbonic anhydrase. Transport oxygen from lungs to tissues and carbon dioxide from tissues to lungs
Basophils → Small phagocytic cells, most common
Stem cells (hemocytoblasts) → Develop into basophils, neutrophils, eosinophils
Hemoglobin → Consists of 4 globin molecules that transport carbon dioxide (carbonic anhydrase involved) and nitric oxide; AND 4 heme molecules that transport oxygen (Iron is required for oxygen transport )