5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Transport of Carbon Dioxide
- Carbonic acid
- a deficiency of hemoglobin the blood, results from decrease in RBC, decrease in hemoglobin in each RBC or both.
- b Consists of 4 globin molecules that transport carbon dioxide (carbonic anhydrase involved) and nitric oxide; AND 4 heme molecules that transport oxygen (Iron is required for oxygen transport )
- c 7% dissolved in the plasma, 23% transported by blood proteins, mostly by hemoglobin. (carbaminohemoglobin), 70% is transported in the form of bicarbonate ions.
- d Made by combination of carbon dioxide and water, which is catalyzed by the enzyme carbonic anhydrase. The reversible association -dissociation of hydrogen from carbonic acid is part of the mechanism for regulating the pH of blood. When hydrogen dissociates from carbonic acid it lowers the pH and leaves behind a bicarbonate ion. When it re-associates it raises the pH and becomes carbonic acid.
- e Develop into lymphocytes
5 Multiple choice questions
- Reduce inflammation, most likely to respond to a PARASITIC infection, increased due to ALLERGIES or inflammation
- percentage of each of the five kinds of white blood cells in the WBC.
- Liquid containing suspended substances that don't settle out. 58% Albumin, 38% Globulins, 4% Fibrinogen, and other solutes such as nutrients, waste products, gases, regulatory substances, and ions.
- Develop into monocytes
- Carbon dioxide transported by blood proteins in the form of hemoglobin
5 True/False questions
ABO blood group → rhesus monkeys first studied, people are positive with the Rh antigen, negative without it. People that are positive have D antigens on their red blood cells. Antibodies against the Rh-antigen do not develop unless Rh-negative person is exposed to Rh-positive blood.
Agranulocytes → Become macrophages
Fibrinogen → 4% Responsible for formation of blood clots. (also platelets)
Oxyhemoglobin → Transport of gases by hemoglobin without oxygen.
Stem cells (hemocytoblasts) → Develop into platelets