NAME

Question types


Start with


Question limit

of 67 available terms

Advertisement Upgrade to remove ads
Print test

5 Written questions

5 Matching questions

  1. Vascular spasm
  2. Transport of Carbon Dioxide
  3. Lymphocytes
  4. Thrombocytes
  5. Carbaminohemoglobin
  1. a Cell fragments pinched off from megakaryocytes in red bone marrow. Important in preventing blood loss by platelet plugs and promoting formation and contraction of clots
  2. b immediate but temporary constriction of blood vessel resulting form contraction of smooth muscle within the wall of the vessel
  3. c 7% dissolved in the plasma, 23% transported by blood proteins, mostly by hemoglobin. (carbaminohemoglobin), 70% is transported in the form of bicarbonate ions.
  4. d Immunity, increase due to viral infection, smallest, stimulate production of antibodies
  5. e Carbon dioxide transported by blood proteins in the form of hemoglobin

5 Multiple choice questions

  1. total number of white blood cells in blood. Leukopenia is lower than normal, Leukocytosis is abnormally high WBC, Leukemia (cancer of red marrow) results in leukocytosis
  2. deficiency of hemoglobin the blood, results from decrease in RBC, decrease in hemoglobin in each RBC or both.
  3. Transport of gases by oxygenated hemoglobin. 98.5% of the oxygen carried to various tissues of the body is carried by hemoglobin. The remaining 1.5% is dissolved in the fluid portion of blood. Fetal hemoglobin has a greater affinity for oxygen than adult hemoglobin.
  4. Plasma=liquid portion, 55% of blood. Formed elements with white blood cells at the top, 45% of blood.
  5. Liquid containing suspended substances that don't settle out. 58% Albumin, 38% Globulins, 4% Fibrinogen, and other solutes such as nutrients, waste products, gases, regulatory substances, and ions.

5 True/False questions

  1. Carbonic acidLiquid containing suspended substances that don't settle out. 58% Albumin, 38% Globulins, 4% Fibrinogen, and other solutes such as nutrients, waste products, gases, regulatory substances, and ions.

          

  2. Agglutination58% of the plasma proteins. Important in regulation of water movement between tissues and blood. Maintains water balance.

          

  3. Globulinsintroduction of a fluid other than blood, a saline or glucose solution, into the blood

          

  4. Formed Elementsthrombocytes, minute fragments of cells consisting of a small amount of cytoplasm surrounded by plasma membrane. Derived from megakaryocytes. Form platelet plugs, promote formation and contraction of clots. Have proteins and glycoproteins allowing them to attach to other molecules. Contain actin and myosin

          

  5. Differential white blood cell countred blood count, hemoglobin and hematocrit measurements, white blood count, and differential white blood coint