5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- implied line
- a The values located in the center of a achromatic or chromatic scale. Mid-tones are values that are midway between black and white
- b the dominant structure or organization of a composition in which all the elements conform to.
- c the absence of light where all rays are absorbed (subtractive)
- d A continuous surface limited by edges
- e Implied lines (subjective lines) are those that dim, fade, stop, and/or disappear. The missing portion of the line is implied to continue and is visually completed by the observer as the
5 Multiple choice questions
- The equilibrium of opposing or interacting forces in a composition
- the proportion and arrangements of lights and darks in a composition
- The distribution of light and dark in a picture. From the Italian 'chiaro' for clear or light and 'oscuro' for obscure or dark
- A visually perceived area defined by value, line, color, texture, and/or space. Shapes can be organic, geometric, abstract, representational, complex or simple.
- In art, the line that defines the outermost limits of an object or a drawn or painted shape, It is sometimes considered to be synonymous with "outline"; as such, it indicates an edge that also may be defined by the extremities of darks, lights, textures or colors.
5 True/False questions
assemblage → a three-dimensional form of collage with bulky 3D objects added to the painted surface
foreground → in a landscape, the space between the foreground and background: trees. bushed, and buildings, for example
diminution of value → Value of an object seen free from the effects of light and shadow.
calligraphy → Elegant, decorative writing. Lines used in artworks that possess the qualities found in this kind of writing may be called "calligraphic" and are generally flowing and rhythmical
mixed media → eye travel directed by visual pathways in a work of art