Upgrade to remove ads
Roles and Standards
Terms in this set (13)
- established nursing as a distinct profession
- introduced liberal education for nurses
- led to major reform in patient care in hospitals
- introduced standards to control spread of disease in hospitals
- led to major reforms in healthcare for the military
What is Nursing?
- Deals with human responses that we can do something about.
- Anticipates needs.
What standards does this program follow?
This program adheres to the American Nurses Association Standards of Practice.
2. Nursing Diagnoses
3. Goal/Plan - for the patient to achieve
5. Rationale - Explain - Why will this help? - Based on research/ evidence bases practice.
6 concepts Nursing is based on
1. context and environment
2. knowledge and science
3. personal/ professional development
4. quality and safety
5. relationship-centered care
5 Types of Nursing Care Models
1. Case Method
1 on 1
Example: intensive care
Tasks assigned to staff members
Example: CNA- all bed baths, LPN- give all meds, RN- in charge of advanced skills
groups of patients are assigned to team of CNA, LPN, RN
One nurse manages (care plan!!)/ provides care for same group of patients
Patient care delivered based on competencies/ certifications
Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN)
protects the public
Kentucky Nursing Association (KNA)
protects the Nurses
You might also like...
Chap. 1: Intro to Prof Nursing Prac
Exam 1 NR215
NSG3001 Chapter 1: The Nursing Profession
Nursing 104: Staffing and Models of Nursing Care D…
Other sets by this creator
Antepartum Vocab (matching)
Labs for Test 4 N206
Other Quizlet sets
UDM ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
POLS 220 FINAL EXAM
Spelling sentences Week of March 1
Comparing Themes in Literature