5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Emergency Banking Relief Act
- Ku Klux Klan
- Frederick W. Taylor, Scientific Management
- a Founded in the 1860s in the south; meant to control newly freed slaves through threats and violence; other targets: Catholics, Jews, immigrants and others thought to be un-American
- b Taking items that are in short supply and distributing them according to a system. For instance, during World War II, gas, sugar, and butter were a few of the items rationed in the United States.
- c an interference
- d In 1911, this work was published to describe that the application of the scientific method to the management of workers could improve productivity.
- e (FDR) 1933 , gave the President power over the banking system and set up a system by which banks would be reorganized or reopened.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Founder of United Negro Improvement Association; promotes resettlement of American blacks to own "African homeland", sponsored stores & businesses to keep $ in blacks' pockets ;; inspiration for Nation of Islam
- He was appointed Secretary of Treasery by president Harding. He bought into his office the Mellon Plan which had four main points: Cut the top income tax rate from 77 to 25 percent, cut taxes on low incomes, reduce federal estate tax, and efficiency in the government.
- the period from 1920 to 1933 when the sale of alcoholic beverages was prohibited in the United States by a constitutional amendment. This caused organized crimes of groups and gangs to rise.
- the political principle of centralized social and economic control, especially of all means of production
- rebels that sought to free their nation from anothers rule
5 True/False questions
Island Hopping → the American navy attacked islands held by the Japanese in the Pacific Ocean. The capture of each successive island from the Japanese brought the American navy closer to an invasion of Japan.
Scopes Trial → A highly publicized trial in 1925 when John Thomas Scopes violated a Tennessee state law by teaching evolution in high school.
Empire → When one country takes over another country 's colony or land in another place
Economic foundations → what the economy was based on
Charles Lindbergh → United States military base on Hawaii that was bombed by Japan, bringing the United States into World War II. Pearl Harbor was thene attacked on December 7, 1941.