Upgrade to remove ads
WLC 332 quiz 2
Terms in this set (10)
What was china like under mongol rule? (3 things)
Discrimination against the Chinese
What was the ranking of four classes of people under Mongol rule?
Mongol, foreigners, northern chinese, southern chinese
Why did the Mongols stop expanding to the east (Germany and Austria)
Genghiz and Ogodei Khan died, so the army returned to elect new leaders
Explain the politics of the Mongol empire?
Foreigners were government officials
- split into four parts- China, turkestan, Persia, Russia
Describe the military campaign of the Mongol conquest
-Successful in Central Asia, Russia, and Europe
-Unsuccessful against Japan and Vietnam
- Chinese rebellion led by the Daoist White Lotus secret society
Why did Europe team up with the Mongols?
-Possible allies against the Muslims
-Profit from trade
What is the name of Marco Polo's book?
What three inventions changed the face of Europe?
Printing, gunpowder, magnetic compass
Why did the industrial revolution occur in Europe instead of China?
- lost 100 yrs of knowledge under the Mongols
- scientific knowledge not widely disseminated
- heavy emphasis on humanities
What were the two main concerns of Emperor Hongwu?
1. Official corruption
2. Disruptive behaviors of local officials underlings
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Chapter 9 test section 2 and 3
Europe Review- Geography
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
WLC 332 quiz 1
WLC 331 final
WLC quiz 11/19 (11.5/7/12)
WLC 331 midterm