5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- posterior tibiofibular ligament
- synchondrosis; synovial
- Inversion; eversion
- a A baseball player winding up for the pitch ______________ the shoulder.
- b ______________ tips the soles medially, like facing each other, and _____________ tips the soles laterally, away from each other.
- c Fibrous joints are joints at which two bones are united by hyaline cartilage
- d The joint between costal cartilage 1 and the sternum is a ____________, whereas the other costal cartilages are joined to the sternum by ____________ joints.
- e The _________________ does not belong to the tibiofemoral joint.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Raising an arm to one side of the body to stop a taxi is an example of ______________ of the shoulder.
- raise your hand and place it on the shoulder of a person standing in front of you involves _______________ of the shoulder
- Hinge joints, such as the tibiofemoral joint, are monaxial.
- Circumduction is limited to ball-and-socket
- The shoulder is stabilized mainly by the biceps brachii muscle on the anterior side of the arm.
5 True/False questions
acetabular labrum → The ________________ deepens the socket of the hip joint and helps stabilize the joint.
condylar → The temporomandibular joint is a(n) _______________ joint.
symphysis → The joint between L2 and L3 is a
Synovial joints → The temporomandibular joint is a(n) _______________ joint.
distal radioulnar joint → The ________________ is not found in the elbow.