5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- elevation and depression
- a A baseball player winding up for the pitch ______________ the shoulder.
- b Circumduction is limited to ball-and-socket
- c Synovial fluid is rich in albumin and hyaluronic acid, which give it a viscous texture similar to egg white
- d Normal chewing in humans involves ________________ of the mandible
- e When you walk up the stairs your hip and knee joints _____________ to lift your body weight.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A(n) _________________ is a sac of fluid associated with a synovial joint
- An articulation is any point at which two bones meet
- The radioulnar joint is a
- Radial (lateral) and ulnar (medial) collateral ligaments restrict side-to-side movements of the ______________ joint.
- The shoulder is stabilized mainly by the biceps brachii muscle on the anterior side of the arm.
5 True/False questions
condylar → The temporomandibular joint is a(n) _______________ joint.
True → The elbow has both pivot and hinge joints.
synchondrosis. → The epiphysis and diaphysis of a long bone in a child are bound by a
elastic → A(n) _________________ is a sac of fluid associated with a synovial joint
syndesmosis. → The temporomandibular joint is a(n) _______________ joint.