6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- a mental grouping of similar objects, events, ideas, or people
- Other variables may affect the relationship between an independent and dependent variable. A variable that directly or indirectly effects the dependent variable because of its relationship with the independent variable is what is called an mediating or intervening variable. In other words this variable serves to mediate or act as a "go between" in the relationship between the independent and dependent variable. A causal chain is created where the independent variable has an effect on the mediating variable which in turn effects the dependent variable.
- characteristics; qualities of a person or thing
- are moderating variables that we seek to control by holding them constant in our research design
- changes together in predictable consistent fashion
- (Time Spent Studying) causes a change in (Test Score) and it isn't possible that (Test Score) could cause a change in (Time Spent Studying). We see that "Time Spent Studying" must be the independent variable and "Test Score" must be the dependent variable because the sentence doesn't make sense the other way around.
6 True/False questions
Quantitative Inquiry → This what you need:
Dependent variable → a variable in a functional relation whose value determines the value or values of other variable
Moderating Variables → are moderating variables that we seek to control by holding them constant in our research design
What's an independent variable? → It is something that depends on other factors. For example, a test score could be a dependent variable because it could change depending on several factors such as how much you studied, how much sleep you got the night before you took the test, or even how hungry you were when you took it. Usually when you are looking for a relationship between two things you are trying to find out what makes the dependent variable change the way it does.
hypothesis-should be clear-specific-value-free -testable and have more than one outcome. → a testable prediction used to see how something works or to solve a problem
Example → concept being investigated that is characterized by different attributes-male/female-class