Create an account
Five articles define the PGA Constitution and can be changed by the delegates at the annual meeting.
They outline the general philosophies, practices, and procedures agreed upon by the Association~Printed in REGULAR TYPE
They describe the Bylaws, they explain, in more detail the meaning of each Bylaw~Printed in ITALIC TYPE
Handles ALL membership matters for the Association
Is also Chairperson of the Board of Control
Elected at Annual Meeting by majority vote
2 year terms
Once elected Secretary eventually moves up to President after 4 years
Board of Directors
National Officers(Pres. Vice. and Sec)
Honorary Pres. (Previous Pres)
District Directors(one every section) 14 total
Player Director for PGA Tour
Independent Directors~2 total
21 members make up the Board of Directors
Board of Directios(B.O.D.)
1 Honorary Pres.
1 PGA Tour Rep
14 District Directors
2 Independent Directors
PGA recognized Golf Facility
At least 9 holes; hole minimum of 60 yards long
1000 yards for 9 holes
1500 yards for 18 holes
14 acres in total course area(EXCLUDING: clubhouse, golf shop and parking area)
PGA recognized Golf Range
Minimum 15 tees
150 ft of teeing area
600 ft of depth for teeing area
One parking spot per tee
PGA Professional MUST be available for instruction
Head Professional (A-1)
The ownership and operation of a golf shop at a PGA recognized faciltiy.
The Supervision and direction of the golf shop and supervision of teaching.
Assistant Professional (A-8;B-8 apprentice)
Spends at least 50% of the time working on club repair, tournament operations, staff scheduling, merchandising, club repair, handicapping records, bookkeeping, and golf car operations.
Director of Golf
Directs the total golf operation of a PGA recognized golf facility; including the pro shop, golf range, golf car operations and supervision of the Head Professional
Director of Instruction
Individual who is in managing, supervising, and directing the total teaching program at a recognized PGA facility.
Code of Ethics~6 Violaitions
1) Abusing the privileges extended to them, including playing without an invitation
2) Causing public embarrassment to fellow professional
3) Applying for or otherwise seeking or soliciting employment in an unprofessional manner
4) Conduction themselves in such a manner as to adversely impact the reputation of other members or the association
5) Conduction business in an unethical manner
6) Engaging in any conduct that is contray to or inconsistent with the policies of the Assoc.
1) providing false or misleading information
2) Making slanderous remarks
3) Attempting to persuade the staff to undermine the reputation of the Resident Golf Professional
4) Falsifying or tampering with the business records of the Resident Golf Prefessional
Procedures for Ethics Violations
Initial charges for Code of Ethics violations must be initiated by one of two bodies
1) Section Officers 2) Assoc. B.O.D.
If accused you have 30 days to repond to the notification
Types of Penalties
1) Monetary Fines up to $1000
2) Lose of playing privileges in Section and National events
3) Suspension or Expulsion from PGA
Board of Control
Consists of Five members
National Secretary is Chairperson
Representative from 4 gepgraphical locations
1) Northeast 2) Southeast
3) Midwest 4) West
Board of Control
Must not be a member of the B.O.D and must either be a past national officer or past sectional officer
PGA Apprentice Requirements
-Have a high school diploma or equivalent
-Be eligibly employeed(At least 6 mos)
-Pay all required fees
-Be endorsed by member
-Pass PAT(Playing Ability Test)
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together