5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- postural muscles for the most part; reverses and/or opposes the action of a prime mover.
- strap-like muscle that is weak thigh flexor; the "tailor's muscle
- smaller hip muscle commonly used as an injection site.
- muscle group of the lateral leg; plantar flex and evert the foot.
- stabilizes a joint so that the prime mover can act at more distal joints; immobilizes the origin of a prime mover
4 True/False questions
tibialis anterior → inverts and dorsiflexes the foot
prime mover → muscle responsible for a particular body movement; agonist
Gluteus Maximus → used to extend the hip while climbing stairs
synergist → muscles that assist the action of the agonist; performs the same movements as the prime mover